|34| Familiar Faces

Shanina Shaik as Vittoria Zabini

*

Allegra did not leave for the holidays in high spirits.

She was leaving Harry when he needed his friends the most. The moment they got back from Hogsmeade he locked himself up in his room. What really stabbed at her heart was the next morning when he was no where to be seen at breakfast. The only farewell she got from him was sending Ron downstairs to give her her Christmas present.

She told herself the only reason he didn't say goodbye was because of the news of Sirius Black, his godfather, betraying his parents. That he needed time to himself and she had to respect that. But the paranoid part of her feared that now she was dating Cedric, he would be avoiding her a lot more after break.

The day after she got home her Uncle sent her to Marcel's to get a dress fitted. The word 'stressed' must have been tattooed on her forehead, because when she walked in, Marcel took one long look at her before muttering something in French and dragging her upstairs. Within ten minutes she had on a mud mask and a cup of tea in her hands.

"I've seen this look too many times before," Marcel huffed, plopping down on the couch in front of her. "Who's la mec?"

"What guy?" She played stupid.

He gave her a flat look. "I was not born yesterday."

She wrung her hands around the mug. "Well, there's this guy named Cedric, and a boy named Harry..."

"I remember Harry!" He beamed. "Did he finally ask you out?!"

Did everybody else see something she didn't?

"Well, no, it was Cedric actually," she corrected.

Marcel's eyes widened. Then he ran a hand over his face. "I so do not miss being in school. You couldn't give me enough money in the world to repeat all that drama."

All she explained were her feelings for both of them and the fateful last week before leaving for break.

"I think...you were in the right for choosing Cedric," said Marcel slowly.
"You couldn't wait forever for Harry."

Allegra cringed. "I still feel guilty. I hate how...off, things were between us the last day of term."

"He'll get over it and you'll both live," he waved off. "If he was really ever your friend then he'll be glad that you're happy...you are happy, right?"

"Of course!" She said quickly, "other than that, everything's perfect between Cedric and I."

"Then there you go." Marcel put down his mug and nodded toward the bathroom. "Go wash off your mask. It's been way over thirty minutes."

Allegra quickly rinsed off the mud product. When she went back into the living room, Marcel was gazing thoughtfully at the painting above the fireplace. Honestly, she hadn't really taken notice of it till now. It wasn't the only painting he had in his apartment.