|17| The Lion and the Eagle

Allegra barely slept a wink that night despite the fact she got out of detention early by lying to Professor Snape she was going to the Hospital Wing

Allegra barely slept a wink that night despite the fact she got out of detention early by lying to Professor Snape she was going to the Hospital Wing. In reality she shut herself off behind the closed curtains of her bed. All night she tossed and turned, her mind reeling with the sinister voice she heard during detention.

"Come to me..."

"Let me rip you apart..."

"Kill you..."

"Worthless beings..."

"Tear you apart..."

"It will better the world..."

I never want to hear it again.

"Allegra?"

She blinked stupidly across the table at Harry, realizing he had been calling her name.

"Yes?"

Harry frowned. He would be an idiot not to notice the dark shadows beneath Allegra's tired, unfocused eyes. He didn't seen her in the common room when he returned from detention last night, so he assumed she had already gone up to bed.

What's wrong with her? He's never seen her look so...detached.

"Are you okay?" He asked, brows furrowing in concern. Allegra gave a weak smile that made his heart flip.

Does she ever NOT look beautiful?

"Yeah, just had some trouble sleeping," she said, resting her jaw on one hand while the other twirled her honey filled spoon into her tea. It was quite a nice flavor he was glad she introduced him too. "I rarely have trouble sleeping, but when I do and if I'm at home I take a sleeping potion."

"Does it actually work?" He asked.

"Yup. You knock out the moment your head hits the pillows. Unfortunately it's one of the most misused potions in the wizarding world," she shrugged. "Anyways, I missed you last night. How did it go with Lockhart?"

Should I tell her? Hell, why not. I already told Ron, and Allegra's older and smarter than us. Maybe she knows something we don't.

"Actually, something strange did happen," he frowned. "When I was talking to Lockhart I suddenly heard a...a voice. But it didn't sound normal. It was venomous and physically chilled me to the bone. Lockhart said he didn't hear anything, but then Ron said he might have been lying. I dunno, I thought maybe you'd know something about it."