|48| The Goblet Of Fire

"Do you have lipstick with you, Del Vecchio?"

"Er, no," she cringed, backing away from the crazed Sixth Year girls who had lost their wits at the sight of Viktor Krum. The girls, like everyone else in the Great Hall, wanted his autograph.

"Honestly," huffed Hermione, pulling on her arm for the last few feet they needed to reach the Gryffindor table.

Ron sat on the side facing the doorway because Krum and his Durmstrang classmates were still gathered around it, unsure about where they should sit. The students from Beauxbatons had chosen seats at the Ravenclaw table.

"Over here! Come and sit over here!" Ron hissed. "Over here! Hermione, budge up, make space-"

"What?"

"Too late," mumbled Ron bitterly.

The Durmstrang students had settled themselves at the Slytherin table. Allegra snorted when she saw Blaise attempting to flirt with one of the Durmstrang girls, but she was obviously not having it.

"Look at Malfoy sucking up to Krum," said Ron scathingly. "I bet Krum can see right through him, though. Bet he gets loads of people fawning over him all the time-"

"Like you?" Allegra quipped, smirking.

He scowled at her. "I am not fawning."

"Shall I hand you a mirror?"

"At least they look a lot happier than the Beauxbatons lot," noted Harry.

The Durmstrang students were looking up at the starry black ceiling with interest. A few of them were picking up the golden plates and goblets and examining them; impressed.

Up at the staff table Filch was adding five more seats. Two of which were on either side of Dumbledore's.

"There's only two extra people. Why is Filch putting out five chairs? Who else is coming?" Asked Harry.

"Eh?" Said Ron vaguely. He was still staring at Krum.

"Should we be worried?" Allegra asked, waving a hand in front of Ron's unblinking face.

"Nah. This is how muggles react to David Beckham," said Prue.

When all the students had settled down at their House table, the staff entered, filing up to the teacher's table to take their seats. Dumbledore remained standing, and a silence fell over the Great Hall.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, ghosts, and most particularly, our guests," he greeted, beaming around at the foreign students. "I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable."

One of the Beauxbaton girls laughed derisively.

"No one's making you stay!" Snapped Hermione.

"The tournament will officially be opened at the end of the feast," said Dumbledore. "I now invite you all to eat, drink, and make yourselves at home!"