|14| Rogue Hinkypunks & Adoration

"Why the hell would I need to know how to transfigure a teapot into a tortoise!"

"Shush!" Allegra told Prue, looking back to make sure Professor McGonagall was out of ear shot. They had just finished their first class of the day, Transfiguration, and were heading to Defense Against the Dark Arts. Allegra was already dreading it, having heard whispers of excitement about their new DADA Professor all morning. She didn't know what to expect from Lockhart.

Rounding the corner in the busy hallway, she accidentally bumped into someone. "So sorry- oh, it's you. Never mind."

"Ha ha," grumbled Ron, walking straight past her. She turned to Hermione and raised a brow in question.

"We just had Herbology and we were working with baby mandrakes," Hermione explained. "Safe to say those little devils put us in a bad mood."

"I remember working with those!" exclaimed Prue. "What insufferable little shits they are."

"I can't imagine why Professor Sprout adores them. Her 'precious little babies' she calls them," Allegra scoffed with an eye roll. Hermione agreed as she walked into class. As Harry passed her she gently stopped him. "Did Sprout assign an essay about mandrakes?" She asked.

"Yes," groaned Harry in dismay. Allegra giggled. "Would you like to copy the essay I wrote last year? I still have it saved."

"Wouldn't that be cheating?" He asked, but Allegra could tell by the growing smile on his face that he didn't oppose the idea.

"No no no. Simply, use of resources," she affirmed. Harry chuckled lightly with a small shake of his head. "Then yes please."

"I'll give it to you after dinner today," she said. "See ya later."

"Bye Allegra."

As Harry went inside the Transfiguration classroom, her and Prue continued on their way. Feeling Prue staring at her, she turned her head to see her friend smirking. There was a glint in Prue's eyes. As if she knew something she didn't.

"What?"

"Oh nothing. Let's just get to DADA. If my assumptions are correct, all the front row seats will be taken once we get there."

Prue's assumptions were correct. The first two rows were completely filled with all the Slytherin girls and Katie and Demelza. They were practically jumping out of their seats waiting for the Professor to arrive. Prue and her shared a knowing look before taking a seat in the back.

"Can you believe it?" Scoffed Cormac from besides her. "I don't get what the big deal is about Professor Lockhart. He's average looking, at best."

"You're just upset the girls aren't fawning over you," Prue teased from over her shoulder.

"I don't need to be. I have the two loveliest girls in school at my side," flirted Cormac.

"Ever the gentlemen," Allegra drawled as she took out her textbook. Cormac laid his arm on the back of her chair and gazed at her.

"Say Allegra, how about you and me-"

"No."

"You haven't even heard what I was gonna say!"

"What were you going to say?" She challenged, already knowing the answer.

"If you'd like to go to Hogsmeade with me?"

"No thank you," she replied. Cormac smirked. "You'll go out with me one of these days." He turned back to Robert before she could say anything else.

"This man," she sighed tiredly, slouching in her seat.

"Look at you go. It's our first day of classes and you already got asked to Hogsmeade," teased Prue.