|18| Enemies of the Heir, Beware

If Allegra had to be completely honest, the next week passed dreadfully slow

If Allegra had to be completely honest, the next week passed dreadfully slow. It was a repetitive vigorous drill of waking up for Quidditch practice, going to class, doing homework, going back to Quidditch practice, and then knocking out the moment her head hit the pillow. And it almost always drizzled or rained during practice. It wasn't right now, but a certain Beater kept throwing her knowing glances.

When Allegra threw the Quaffle into the hoop still feeling Fred's gaze, she sighed impatiently and looked over at him. He was flying a few feet away her. She caught the returning Quaffle again without looking.

"What. What is it?" She asked snappishly. Fred grinned and flew over to her side.

"You still haven't told anyone about how your little date with the eagle went," he teased.

"That's not true. I told Prue."

"And that girl apparently has very strong loyalty because she wouldn't tell me and George a thing," said Fred exasperatedly. "No matter how much we pestered her."

"Do you really wanna know?" She challenged.

Fred grimaced. "Well, maybe not every detail, because it was a date, and you are like a sister-"

"Oh my god, nothing like that happened," she groaned.

"Well something must have happened if you two haven't spoken since," he pointed out. Allegra pondered it.

"Let's throw the Quaffle back and forth while we talk because I don't want to get throttled by Oliver," she said passing the Quaffle and putting distance between them.

"First thing first, I helped arrange the fireworks when he asked you out," declared Fred tossing the Quaffle. She caught it effortlessly.

"I gathered that. Was it Langston's idea?" She asked throwing it back. Fred nodded. "I suggested something a little more low key, knowing you, but he was very persistent. I think he wanted to impress you as much as possible."

"But Madam Puddifoots's?" She groaned. Fred barked out a laugh. "I still can't believe you agreed to go in there. When George and I tried to take you, you jinxed our feet into the ground."

"I didn't notice until we were already inside!" She defended. "And it was horrendous. It was so small and stuffy, pink and frilly, and couples kissing everywhere. Oh, we kissed by the way."

"You what?!" He screamed, mightily whacking a stray Blunder with his bat. But Fred didn't even look at the Bludger when he hit it. His shocked expression stayed on her.

"He kissed me outside of Madam Pudditfoot's," she shrugged. "Afterwards I told him I didn't feel the same way, not the way he wanted me to or deserved, and that's that. We haven't spoken since. It sucks though, because he was a really good friend.