|50| A Fellow Del Vecchio

Orlando Bloom as Vieri Del Vecchio

*

Allegra blinked in disbelief at the boy in front of her.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Well, technically I'm not your cousin," he clarified. "I'm Caspian and Isabella's cousin. My father Elio is their Uncle. He was Cirillo's younger brother."

Allegra was still too shocked to be able to form a coherent sentence. Apparently this boy, Vieri, was her family. Her blood related family. She's never met another Del Vecchio besides her Uncle.

Because her Uncle had warned her about them.

"You know what our family origins and beliefs stand on, Allegra. The rest of our family takes those VERY seriously."

"What do you want?" She asked, taking a step back.

Vieri caught the small movement, and his shoulders slumped. "My father told me to expect this sort of reaction," he mumbled. "Said he doesn't know what stories Caspian spun to you about us."

What stories Caspian spun.

Essentially,

What lies he told.

It felt as though a knife had been plunged into her back.

Caspian Del Vecchio was a liar. Liar, liar, liar.

Allegra hated herself for feeling so hurt; so surprised, because really, she should've expected it. She should've expected nothing less from the man who claimed everything he did was for the greater good, no matter the repercussions. Maybe it wasn't so far fetched Vieri's intentions were pure. Besides, she really was curious to know what the rest of her family was like.

"Do you mind if we go somewhere to talk?" She asked.

Vieri smiled. "Of course."

They chose to walk around the Black Lake. The sky was a grey blanket with no sun threatening to peek through any time soon. A light breeze whispered through the trees, carrying gold and brown leaves with it. She rubbed her arms from the chill.

Vieri wasn't at all perturbed by the cold. Yet again, he was wearing a thick fur cloak, and Durmstrang was notoriously very far up North.

"Sooo...we're related," she said slowly, but it sounded more like a question.

Vieri smirked amusedly. "Yeah, like I said, I'm Isabella's and Caspian's cousin."

Allegra's mind flashed back the family tree the ghost of Emmeline Del Vecchio had shown her last summer.

Commodus Del Vecchio and Elizabeth Hansen to Michael Del Vecchio, Cirillo Del Vecchio, and Elio Del Vecchio.

Elio was the youngest of the three brothers.