|2| Unusual Bonding

"Our plans for the weekend are ruined," Prue whined, drooping the cereal in her spoon back into the bowl

"Our plans for the weekend are ruined," Prue whined, drooping the cereal in her spoon back into the bowl. "Every Professor besides Quirrell and Flitwick is a sadist. The only reason Flitwick didn't give us work is because he runs the toad choir, but we still have to master the bloody rabbit slippers spell for Transfiguration by Monday, write the damn hair rising potion essay for Snape-"

"You really can't be surprised about that one-"

"-an essay about those stupid mandrakes for Herbology-"

"-it's not anybody's fault it bit your finger, and that essay is way shorter than how long Snape wants his-"

"-and that essay about some wardrobe for History of Magic," finished Prue, taking deep breaths.

Allegra huffed. "Look, if we procrastinate now we'll never get everything done on time. I say we spend part of tonight and all of Saturday in the library doing our homework, that way we have all of Sunday to ourselves," she suggested.

Prue brightened up. "That might actually work."

"It will. Now let's hurry it up so we can make it to Charms on time," she said going back to her breakfast. No sooner when she swallowed did she hear a voice shout, "Allegra!"

She looked around. Ron was walking towards her with a great big grin on his face. She then noticed Harry Potter walking beside him, but he was looking down at the floor. As they drew closer she could feel the strange mixture of cheerful and nervousness roll off them.

"Hey Ron. I feel like I've barely seen you around since classes started," she said as Ron took a seat beside her.

He huffed in annoyance. "I know. We've been running around the castle trying to find our classes on time. This is the first morning we've made it to breakfast without getting lost."

"We?" She mused, glancing at Harry. He was silently pouring porridge into his bowl. As Allegra looked away, she missed the growing red tint on his cheeks.

"Yeah, me and Harry. We're sticking together," Ron explained, a bit proudly, as he placed stacks of pancakes onto his plate.

"Aw! That's just like us when we were First Years!" Cooed Prue, gazing at her adoringly with her hands clasped under her chin.

Allegra chuckled. "I swear, the first two weeks of our First Year, Prue and I were attached at the hip. Classes, breakfast, dinner-"

"The bathroom," added Prue. Allegra rolled her eyes.

"If I remember correctly, you followed me in there."