In Love With My Best Friend- Clay/Dream

Clay/Dream

You've had a huge crush on Clay since freshman year of high school, but you two are best friends. Now, you both are out of high school and helping each other with the YouTube success. He's helped you through break ups and you've helped him through his, but your feelings always come back to Clay. It's always been him.

"Y/n," Clay said, holding up two different color swatches of paint. "Which one?"

You were sitting in his gaming chair helping him edit his newest video.

"I like the grey color the most, but lime green is your color. You should go with the green." You slide one side of the headphone off your ear. Clay wanted to add an accent wall to his recording/gaming room.

"That is true, but will it look okay?" He sighed, looking back and forth at the colors.

"What if  you do both? You know that trend with the accent wall with the random triangles?" You took the headphone off and walked over to him.

"Yes! You're a genius!" Clay cheered. He grabbed you and pulled you into a hug, lifting you off the floor.

Though you didn't want the hug to end, you said, "Okay, okay, please put me down."

"I bet I could do it. It can't be that hard, right?" Clay scratched the back of his head, then turned and looked at the chosen wall.

"Famous last words." You nudged him a little bit.
Clay gave you a little pushed you back. You then pushed him a little harder. Clay pushed you again and you almost lost your balance. Now you that you had a small running start, you took off and pushed him as you jumped. Slightly catching you, Clay then swept your feet out from under you, pinning you to the ground.

"Give up yet?" He chuckled.

"Bully." You tried to say without laughing.

"Now how am I a bully when you started it?" Clay extended his hand and helped you up.

"I don't know, you just are." You said with a huge smile.

"Why do we always fight like an old married couple?" He laughed.

"Because we basically are." You said with a chuckle. Though you slightly regret it because it sounded a bit risky.

Clay stumbled over a few of his words and his face had hints of red. "Do you want to go get paint with me?"

"Yes!" You exclaimed loudly. "I mean, yeah, sure."
You gave him a dumb smile. As you two were leaving the room, you shoved him one last time out of the doorway. You booked it to the your car knowing he was right behind you.

"Y/N!" Clay yelled with a wheeze.

____________________________________

"Now, you want to alternate painting the triangles grey, black, and lime green." You two just finished taping the wall and began to open the paint cans.

"Are you going to help me?" Clay poured some paint into the tray.

"If you'd like me to." You smiled as your cheeks began to warm up. You put your head down and poured more paint into a tray, hiding your face from Clay.

You both started to paint the wall, alternating the three colors.

__________________________________

"This looks amazing!" Clay said stepping back from the half painted wall.

"I agree, but it's taking forever." You laughed a bit. It's been two hours since you started painting.

"I don't mind. I have all day." He smiled. You stared at him for a minute or two.

His smile lights up the whole room.

"Y/n?" Clay waved his hand in front of your face. You snapped back to reality. "Huston, we have a problem. Y/n Unit is not responding. I repeat, Y/n Unit is not responding. How should we proceed?"

"That's prett-" You started to say before Clay cut you off.

"Pour paint on y/n?" He wheezed a bit. "But Huston, that may anger the whole unit. Are you sure?... 10-4, over."

"Don't you dare." You backed away from Clay as he picked up a sponge paint brush soaked in lime green paint.

"I can't disobey direct orders." Clay took a few steps closer. Paint dripped from the sponge onto the plastic we had put down.

"No, please don- Did you just quote Hamilton?" You started to laugh uncontrollably. Clay squeezed the paint out of the sponge onto your shirt. He smeared it all over your neck and the sides of you face as you fought him away.

"Clay!" You held out your arms as they were covered in the paint as well. He was laughing hysterically and wheezing like a tea kettle. You took the paint sponge and wiped the lime green color all over his face and rubbed it in his hair.

"Y/n!" Clay exclaimed in a mocking tone. You both were laughing and getting paint everywhere.

Clay picked up another sponge soaked with paint and started toward you. As you turned to get away, you slipped on the plastic and fell to the ground, bringing Clay with you. He landed right on top of you, your faces centimeters apart.

Time slowed down as you stared into his eyes and he stared back. Neither of you said anything. Clay leaned further in and kissed you. You kissed back while putting one hand on his neck and the other on his side.

After a minute or so Clay pulled away.  "I've been waiting so long to do that."
______________________________
Hi! This is my first short story ever! Thank you for reading! If you have any suggestions, feel free to message me or comment!
Thank you!
-Val 💕