Guess -Wilbur Soot

Wilbur Soot
Requested by xxtiredlikeusualxx
Warning: Deprecating Messages

You arrived at Wilbur's apartment not long after he texted you asking if you wanted to join him for a GeoGuesser stream. You didn't have much planned for the day anyway, so you agreed.

"Wilbur, you know I'm not very good at GeoGuesser." You commented as Wilbur began setting up for the stream. You were sat in a chair next to him, watching yourself in the webcam screen.

"That's no reason to not play. I thought you liked playing with me." Wilbur frowned a bit before he pressed the Go Live button on Twitch.

"I do! I just want to have a fun stream, that's all."

"Y/n," Wilbur rested his hand on yours, "It'll be alright."

He knew you were worried about your GeoGuesser skills, that's why he invited you. Whether you were good or not, he knew you two would have a great stream either way.

"Hello, chat." Wilbur cheered as you waved to the camera. The chat exploded with hi's and hello's. "We are playing GeoGuesser today."

The stream had been going very smoothly for a while. Wilbur is amazing at the game, getting almost all of them correct every time. You sat back and watched, chiming in a few times, but didn't really play the game.

You were fine with simply sitting and watching, though. You loved watching Wilbur play games and you didn't have any real reason to have input on the game itself. You did provide conversation throughout the stream to keep it interesting, yet still chill.

"Now, it's your turn." Wilbur slid the mouse over to you with a smirk forming on his face.

"My turn?" You asked in almost a whisper as you slowly took the mouse into your hand.

"I want you to do a round by yourself." Wilbur laughed knowing you absolutely do not want to. You glared at him while clicking New Game.

The first location you got was completely unfamiliar. You didn't recognize anything in your surroundings.

"Wilbur, I don't know." You moved around on the screen a few more times trying to find anything to help you.

"I'm not going to help you." Wilbur grinned and lightly nudged you.

"I'm going to go with somewhere in Germany." You clicked on the country and hit the submit button.

"Texas." Wilbur said allowed after the correct location was revealed.

You covered your mouth with your hand and laughed, "For fuck sake."

You tried again with the next location, and got it wrong again. You thought by the third one you would at least get the guess close, but you were still way off. Wilbur was having the time of his life.

"I think I got it this time." You said after clicking on a place around Toronto, Canada, which was your fourth attempt for the round.

The correct location was revealed and you were once again incorrect with your guess. Though you were having fun, your mood began to slowly sink after you glanced over at the chat.

Wow, they suck.
Can't even get one right.
Wilbur needs new friends.
Get better.
Why are they even playing?
Literally just leave.

More messages scrolled through the chat very quickly. Most of them were not very kind. You didn't want those messages to ruin the stream, but you found it difficult to ignore the hundreds of messages being sent.

"Can you help me on this one?" You practically begged Wilbur to help you on your final guess.

"Yes, I will." Wilbur smiled in agreement as you gave him the mouse. You couldn't help but look at more of the chat messages.

Of course they asked for help.
Wilbur's so much better.
Can't even do it themself.
Y/n's so bad.
Wilbur deserves more.
Play a different game.

You tried your best to keep tears from forming in your eyes, but you were unsuccessful. You began to feel embarrassed as your cheeks turned a light shade of red.

"Look at chat..." You whispered hoping the mic wouldn't pick up your shaky voice. Wilbur looked over to the other monitor and scanned through the messages.

"Hey, chat, fucking stop. There is no reason for any of that."

Wilbur said a few more colorful words and phrases to the viewers hoping to stop the hateful messages toward you. You took a few breaths trying to slow your heart rate.

The chat slowed down and the messages returned to normal chat. You quietly watched Wilbur play more of the game without saying much.

"So here is the issue, y/n. I know we are in the United States, somewhere in the Midwest or the South." Wilbur paused to think for a moment, "I'm just going to say somewhere in either Kentucky or Tennessee. Which one do you want to choose?"

"I don't mind, you go ahead and pick one." You smiled hoping he would just choose a location himself.

"No, no, you get to pick." He insisted, looking you dead in the eyes. You stared back without blinking. After a few beats, you both burst out laughing.

"Let's go with Tennessee because you're the only ten I see." You grinned as Wilbur rolled his eyes at your cheesy line. He clicked on Tennessee and submitted the guess.

"Dammit! It was fucking Kentucky!"

Before you could respond, the chat began to go crazy again.

No surprise it was wrong.
Wrong again.
Y/n you suck at this game.
Never play this again.
Why'd you let them guess.

You read through many more of the incoming messages. This time, your emotions were visible on your face.

"I'll be back." You whispered to Wilbur before quickly standing from your chair and running to the bathroom. As soon as you shut the door behind you, you burst out crying. You locked the door as you cried harder.

You tried to take deeper breaths and calm down before you went back to Wilbur's stream. You looked yourself in the mirror and started crying again.

"Y/n?" Wilbur knocked on the door and twisted the locked handle. "Are you okay?"

"Take a guess." You almost shouted back, your voice cracking. You wiped your eyes the best you could and sniffled. "I'm sorry."

"Please open the door, y/n. I'm sorry for everything chat has said." Wilbur tried to turn the locked handle again. You stared at the door debating whether to open it or not.

"Please..."

You slowly reached for the lock and flicked it over. Wilbur quickly opened the door to see your red, tear stained face. He softly wrapped his arms around you and squeezed you tight. You held onto him and quietly cried into his chest.

"Don't listen to them. They don't know anything." Wilbur ran his hand up and down your back. "You're amazing, y/n. Chat doesn't know what they're talking about."

You held Wilbur a bit tighter, "Thank you..."

_____________________________
Hey! Thank you xxtiredlikeusualxx!

I hope you enjoyed Guess!

-Val💕