Bright Light- Luke/Punz

Luke/Punz

For your one year anniversary tomorrow, you and Luke (Punz) planned a picnic dinner down by the river at the edge of town. The day is suppose to have decent whether and a beautiful sunset.

"Why are you streaming tonight? It's late." Your mood sank as Luke gave you a kiss and began to leave the bedroom. You wanted to cuddle and actually spend some time together. Though, you know his YouTube and Twitch career is important.

"I'm sorry, honey, but I didn't stream yesterday and I need to today. I promise I will make it up to you tomorrow." Luke gave you another kiss. "I will be in bed soon." He went to his recording room.

You got comfortable under the blankets and put a movie on. You watched Central Intelligence for about an hour before falling asleep. Luke tried to be quiet, but woke you up when he came into the room after a shower.

"Good morning." You joked when Luke crawled into bed. His wet hair smacked you in the face when you kissed him.

"Good morning." He chuckled climbing under the blankets.

"How was the stream?" You asked turning toward Luke and scooting closer. You rested your head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around you.

"It went well. Got a lot done."

You fell asleep quickly even though you were very excited for the next day.

____________________________________

You and Luke slept in the next morning because you didn't have any plans until later in the day. It was much needed extra sleep for both of you.

You got out of bed a little after 11 a.m. and left Luke asleep. You decided to make a nice brunch, so you headed into the kitchen, still in your pajamas.

You began to make waffles from scratch. As each cooked in the waffle maker, you grabbed the strawberries, syrup, and whipped cream. After the waffle were made, you cooked up some bacon as well.

"Happy one year, baby." Luke wrapped his arms around your waist and hugged you from behind.

"Happy one year, honey." You smiled and turned around. You put your arms around his neck and kissed him. Each kiss got longer and each second they got rougher. Luke pushed you up against the counter and slide his hand up your shirt. You were interrupted by the smoke alarm.

"Shit." You whispered as you took the burnt bacon off the stove.  Luke began to kiss you again. "Tonight." You said giving him a final kiss.

You both ate the waffles and freshly cooked bacon for brunch. You made two cups of coffee to go with your food.

"It's almost 5 o'clock. Should we pack the basket?" Luke asked, peaking into the bathroom as you finished getting ready for your picnic dinner. "Woah, you look good."

You smiled, "Thank you. You look very handsome." He thanked you. "Also, we can start packing dinner and make sure the basket will fit on the motorcycle." Luke wants to ride his motorcycle to the river because he believes it will be more romantic, which you agree with.

You and Luke packed the basket with several types of fruit, meats, and cheeses. As well as, a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.

"Ready?" Luke asked grabbing the keys. You put on a protective leather jacket and grabbed both of your helmets.

"Let's go." You walked out to the outside and strapped the picnic basket and a blanket to the  back of the motorcycle. You both put on your helmets and Luke started it up. You climbed on and wrapped your arms around his waist. You held on tight as you pulled out of the driveway.

Luke drove the scenic route through the town. The evening was warm and beautiful, absolutely perfect. You pulled up to a traffic light and stopped at the red light.

"This day has been perfect." You smiled.

"Yes it has been. I've had an amazing time with you." Luke smiled as well.

The light turned green and you pulled into the intersection. You looked to your left and time slowed down. You watched a bright light speed toward you with no sign of stopping. You couldn't say anything. There was nothing to say.

The car hit the back half of the motorcycle sending you into the windshield. You smacked you right arm off the glass and your body shattered it. The force of the car pushed you over the top of the car and you landed in the middle on the intersection face down.

The voices around you were unclear and mumbled. The ringing in your ears was too loud. You felt someone touching your back and shake you a little bit. Sharp pains shot through your right arm as you were rolled over on your back. You vision cleared and you could see the sky turning orange as the sun went down.

Your helmet was pulled off your head and the voices around you cleared. You heard, "Call 911" being repeated and Luke saying, "Y/n, y/n, talk to me." You tried open your mouth to speak, but nothing came out. You couldn't move. The adrenaline masked the pain everywhere and left you immobile.

You laid on the ground unresponsive. You could only move your eyes. The ambulance arrived shortly and the paramedics were very gently because of your unknown injuries.

"Y/n!" You heard Luke sob as an officer asked him to step away. He was limping. "Y/n!"

The paramedics took your jacket off and put a brace around your neck. They put you on the stretcher and put you in the ambulance. Luke was able to ride with you to the hospital and held your hand the entire ride.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I'm sorry." Luke repeated. He was crying and shaking uncontrollably. You tried to squeeze his hand, but it was very weak.

The ride to the hospital felt like an eternity as your adrenaline wore off and the pain swelled. Your eyes burned as hot tears slide down the side of your head.

"It's going to be okay. You're going to be okay, y/n." Luke kissed your hand. "I love you."

___________________________________
Hi! I hope you're liking these imagines!
-Val 💕