Take A Break -Alex/Quackity

Alex/Quackity

"Hey, baby." Alex climbed into bed next to you. It was a few minutes passed one in the morning and he had just finished streaming.

"Hi." You responded half asleep without opening your eyes.

"I'm sorry for the late stream again tonight. I had to finish up a few more assignments today as well." Alex gave you a kiss and you curled up into his chest.

"It's okay. Just please get some sleep. You have an early class tomorrow and finals are coming up." You began to fall back asleep.

"I know, I know."

The next morning you woke up in an empty bed. You were hoping Alex would have woken you up, so you could share a breakfast, or at least have coffee. Though you didn't mind, you just wished you could do more for him.

Alex's class began at eight this morning, but he was up by half past six. You're first class didn't start until eleven, so you had quite some time before you had to leave. After you brewed a cup of coffee and poured some cereal, it was almost ten.

You were finishing up your coffee when Alex got home from his class. He came into the kitchen looking sluggish and exhausted.

"Alex, are you okay?" You asked as you began to make a cup of coffee for him.

"Uhm, yeah. Just a bit tired." He sat down at the table and opened his laptop to begin his homework assignments. You handed him the mug and gave him a kiss. He thanked you.

"I'm going to go shower then I have to head out."

"Alrighty, I probably won't be home when you get back, my next class starts at one and then I should be home by four."

After your shower, you said bye to Alex and headed to class. You're eleven o'clock class is your only class of the day. Tuesday's and Thursday's are the easiest days of the week. Alex, on the other hand, doesn't get much of a break. He has multiple classes every day of the week and because he is studying law, the classes are quite difficult.

You didn't see much of Alex the rest of the day until he got home a little after four in the evening. He looked more exhausted than he did this morning.

"Honey, please go take a nap, or relax. You've had a long day." You massaged his shoulders as he sat at the kitchen table once more to complete a few more assignments. 

"Y/n, I don't have time." Alex snapped back rudely without looking away from the screen. Taken back by his tone of voice, you quickly took your hands off of him and took a few steps away. He words stung as they echoed in the back of your mind.

You weren't mad, just shocked and a bit upset.

You didn't say anything further and went to the bedroom. There wasn't much to do, but you didn't want to speak to Alex. You turned on the TV and began watching the show Survivor  for it was just put of Netflix and you enjoyed it.

You were about three episodes in when Alex knocked on the door frame.

"Baby?" Alex asked. You sat up from a comfortable reclined position.

"Yeah?" You responded as he made his way over to the bed.

"I'm sorry for being rude earlier. I didn't mean for it to come off like that. I'm just tired." Alex sat down of the side of the bed next to you.

"Apology accepted, but you didn't have be rude. I understand that you're tired, but you could have told me and I would have left you alone." You shifted closer to him. He put his arms around you.

"I know. I'm sorry, y/n. I'm sorry."

You pulled Alex closer and brought him down to lay with you. After a few minutes, he began to sit up and climb out of the bed.

"Alex," You frowned and hung onto him. "Where are you going?"

"I still have work to do. I promise we can cuddle later." He gave you a kiss and went back to the kitchen. You got out of the bed and thought about what to have for dinner.

It was a little passed eleven at night when you finally got ready for bed. You put on your pajamas and brushed your teeth. On your way to the bedroom, you caught Alex in the hallway as he was headed for his recording/gaming room.

"What are you doing?" You asked stopping him in the hallway.

"I'm going to go stream for a little bit." Alex responded taking another step toward the room. He already knew what you were going to say.

"Alex, you kn-"

"Yes, I know." He cut you off mid-sentence. "But I promised Clay I would teach him how to play GTA V tonight and the other boys are going to join."

You sighed because he looked unbelievably exhausted and had bags under his eyes. It was already pretty late and he had another early start tomorrow, but streaming and hanging with his friends is something he enjoys and helps him relax.

"Alright, then. Have fun." You gave him a kiss and headed for bed.

"Thank you, y/n." He smiled and went into his gaming room.

The next morning, you woke up a few minutes before six thirty and wanted to make breakfast for Alex. He got to bed very late again last night and you wanted to help him kick start the morning. Once you were in the kitchen, you began taking out the eggs and bacon. You heard Alex's alarms began to go off signalling it was half past six.

After you finished cooking both the eggs and bacon, you brewed two cups of coffee, but didn't see Alex yet. You figured he was still getting ready. By seven o'clock, you went to the bedroom to see where Alex was. You reached the room and he was still asleep with his alarms turned off.

"Alex." You slightly shook him. "Alex."

"What?" He asked without opening his eyes.

"It's passed seven."

"Ah, shit." Alex whispered and rubbed his eye. He slowly climbed out of bed and headed to the bathroom. "I'll be ready soon."

After about thirty minutes, Alex came into the kitchen with his hair still wet.

"I made bacon and eggs! But they're a bit cold now." You smiled and made him a plate.

"That's alright, thank you." Alex began to sit down at the table and almost missed the chair.

"Are you alright?" You asked setting the plate and a cup of fresh coffee in front of him.

"Yes, yes, I am." Alex chuckled and took a sip of his coffee.

Both of you ate your breakfast and talked about the upcoming finals next week. Alex wasn't nervous, but was only worried about balancing study time, streams/YouTube, and sleep.

"I have to go. Thank you for breakfast." Alex kissed you and grabbed his book bag.

"Alex, are you sure you're alright?" You walked toward him with your arms lightly crossed.

"Yeah, why?" He put his bag on his back and grabbed his keys.

"You're wearing two different shoes."

"Oh, shit. Am I?" He looked down and noticed the two similar, yet different shoes.

"Yes, Alex, please just take the day off and get some real sleep." You put your arms on his shoulders and interlocked your hands behind his neck.

"Y/n, I can't."

"Just call in sick or something, please."

Alex sighed and thought about his choices for a moment. "Alright, alright." He put down his keys and bag. You smiled and kissed him.

_____________________________
Hi! Thank you all for being patient with my uploads! As well as, thank you for almost 3k!

-Val💕