Lost- GeorgeNotFound

GeorgeNotFound
Requested by @hoofsso!

You and George have been together for a while and haven't really had many real date nights or adventures. After a bit of brainstorming, you both settled on going on a camping trip this coming weekend. It was outside the box and something completely different.

You had only been camping twice before. Once with your family and once with your scouts group you were in as a little kid. Though both those trips were years and years ago, you thought you knew enough about camping to have a safe and fun trip.

"Do we even have a tent?" You asked George after the camping trip was finalized.

"I honestly have no idea. What do we even need to go camping?" George chuckled a bit.

"We can go pick one up if we need to and I have a list typed up of everything we will need." You kissed him and sat down on the couch, pulling out your phone with the list. You read off every item and determined whether you needed to purchase it or if you have it at home.

After marking the items off the list, you both found that you didn't own many of the things you needed. You quickly ran to the store to purchase the other camping items. Friday came fast and you both were very excited for the semi-new experience.

"Y/n, I have never been camping before," George began to say after putting the last bag into the trunk of the car, "Do we sleep on the ground?"

"Yes and no. We sleep in the tent that is on the ground." You replied stepping to the passenger side of the car.

"But won't it be cold?"

"Well, that is why we have blankets and a giant sleeping bag."

An hour and a half later, you finally reached the camping area. Though it is a very popular spot to go camping, the parking lot was empty and no one was in sight. You parked the car and grabbed the supplies.

"Do we have everything?" You questioned looking in the trunk once more for anything items left behind.

"I believe so." George replied throwing one last back pack on his shoulder.

You both headed down the path through the large pine and spruce trees. Looking up, the tree tops seemed to touch the sky and create a sense of a whole new world. The forest was dense and filled with many different types of vegetation and annual flowers.

"The path is a lot smaller than I remember." You laughed as you both continued down the dirt trail. Remembering from your childhood, the path was able to fit a least two families across. Now, you and George had to walk in a single file line through the trees.

"How far away is the camping spot?" George asked moving an overhanging branch out of his way.

"Well, they are all around here, splitting off from the trail, but I want to go to a further one away from anyone else who may come out to the forest as well."

"Fair enough."

Once you found a spot you liked, you set everything on the ground and began to clean out the small stone fire pit provided. It was full of stick and leaves, which you set aside for fuel.

"Can you start setting up the tent, baby? I'd like to get this fire going before it starts to get dark." You grabbed the lighter out of one of the back packs and gathered some sticks and leaves.

"I will try." George laughed pulling the tent out of its covering. It was for the most part a self-setting tent with little work required. You thought it was the best choice for two people who have little experience with tents.