More Time- Alex/Quackity

Alex/Quackity

This request comes from @NightmarePeppers! Thank you! 💕

You just got off work at the local pizzeria called Vinny's. You've worked there since you were old enough to get a job. Ever since your father passed away when you were ten years old, you and your mother struggled to make ends meet. You work two jobs and are a full time college student still living at home, but working hard is what you're used to.

"Hi Momma," You gave her a kiss on the cheek. She was watching TV. "How was your day?"

"Exhausting, but good. You're home late, honey." You sat down next to her.

"After class, I went to work at the ice cream shop and then I picked up an extra shift up at Vinny's."

"You work too hard." She frowned.

"So do you momma. You don't deserve to worry if we can afford rent, or if we can pay the water bill. I do it for you." You smiled. You really didn't mind working all the time. It gave you something to do and you've met so many new people.

"You're too good. How's Alex doing? You two hang out today?" Alex is your best friend. You two met in 2nd grade when he moved to your town. You took an immediate liking to him and you've been best friends ever since.

"He's doing great and no we didn't hang out today, I had class and double shifts." You checked your phone and saw a message from Alex you had received three hours ago. "I'm going to shower and head to bed. I smell like chocolate and pizza." You chuckled a bit. You hugged your mother and said good night.

You pulled out your phone as you walked up the stairs. You read Alex's message. It said, "Hey, I'm free tonight if you wanna go do something, let me know."

"Shit.." You whispered. You replied, "Alex, I'm so sorry. I was at work and didn't see your text. I'm so sorry. Wanna hang out tomorrow?" You didn't expect a reply because it was late and he was probably asleep.

You took a quick shower then hopped into bed. Surprisingly, you saw a reply from Alex. He agreed to hang out tomorrow and asked if you wanted to get lunch, which you agreed.

_______________________________

You slept in the next morning a bit. On the verge of being late, you reluctantly crawled out of bed and changed your clothes.

"Good morning." You said to your mother as you entered the kitchen. She was sitting at the table with a bunch of papers spread out. She looked like she didn't sleep well last night.

"Good morning, y/n." She rubbed her forehead and sighed.

"What's wrong?" You sat down next to her with two glasses of apple juice. She thanked you.

"Well, uhm, we don't have enough money to pay all the bills this month.. the costs are more expensive than I thought it would be." A tear formed in her eye.

"I can pick up a few extra shifts and then we will for sure make it. There's nothing to worry about and I should be getting paid soon." You gave your mother a hug and reassured her everything would work out.

"Y/n, you don't have to keep working all the time. You're still way too young. Go out and do young college things. I don't want you to be imprisoned by work." She hugged you tighter.

"I truly don't mind. Alex is my literal only friend and he knows our situation."

"I know, but please have fun in your early years, y/n, it goes by too fast."

"I gotta go, I love you." She gave you a kiss on the head and you left to go to class.

"Hey, Alex." You gave him a huge hug when he finally showed up to the restaurant. You chose the outside dining because it was a beautiful day.

"Hey, y/n." He smiled. You both sat down and ordered.

"How's law school be treating you?" You asked even though you already knew. You're best friends and talk about everything all the time.

"It's been pretty great, actually. The classes aren't too hard and I'm not slammed with assignments. How's class been for you?" He already knew as well.

"Steady. Nothing too difficult, though, I may start falling behind when finals start because of work, but other than that, it's pretty good." You took a bite of the noodles you ordered.

You two talked and laughed about everything for the rest of your meals.

"Do you want to go to come over later and play video games or something?" Alex stood up out of his chair and you got ready to go.

"I have to work after class, I'm sorry. What about tomorrow inbetween classes?" You tried to compromise.

Alex sighed, "You always have to work." He was visually angry.

"I- I'm sorry, Alex. I can come over af-" He cut you off.

"We never really hang out anymore. You're always at work or some shit." Alex raised his voice. Other people at the restaurant began to stare.

"Alex, I- uhm, Where is this coming from?" Tears formed in your eyes.

"You're my best friend, but it seems like we never hang out anymore, y/n."

"I have to work.." A few tears began to fall.

"You don't have to work all the damn time. I feel like you don't really care how I feel anymore!" Alex was shouting now and you began to cry.

"You think I don't care?" You started to shout as well. "I've worked two jobs since I could work in order to make ends meet in my family, Alex! You think I don't care? My father died and left my mother and I with debt and nothing else. It seems like you're the one who doesn't care!" Your face was beet red.

"Y/n, I-" Alex took a step toward you.

"Don't. Get away from me." You began to walk away. "You're my only friend, Alex. My best friend. But I can now mange on my own." You turned around and started to walk home.

______________________________
Hi! Thank you again @NightmarePeppers for this request!
-Val 💕