Small Cold Part Three- Nick/Sapnap

Nick/Sapnap

The tumor removal took longer than anticipated. Nick was trying his best to stay awake in the waiting room, but his drowsiness overtook his anxiety.

The wedge resection being preformed is being done via video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery, also known as VATS. Three or four small cuts are made around the area where the wedge resection is being done. A thoracoscope, a small tube with a light and a tiny camera, is inserted into the chest. It sends images to a computer screen, guiding your surgeon to the cancer.

When your surgery was almost complete, you began to have some complications.

"What the hell?" Your surgeon stated as your oxygen levels began to decrease causing the monitor to beep repetitively.

"Get that tumor out of there, their lung collapsed."

Your lung collapsed from all the extra pressure and stress put on your breathing throughout the last few hours. Though it was anticipated, the surgeon and nurses thought they were in the clear.

"Line the lung with the noninflammatory and figure out why it collapsed." The surgeon pulled the section of the tumor out of the small opening in your chest.

"Unnecessary amounts of stress, uhm, blunt trauma, damage of the lung tissue," One of the nurses listed as the worked to reinflate your lung, "...they have asthma! In their chart, it states they have asthma." The nurse injected a respiratory medication to open your airway and lungs.

After you were stable, the incisions were sutured shut and you were taken into a different room to rest. You were admitted into the hospital to be monitored and made sure everything went smoothly with such a big procedure.

"Nick?" One of the nurses called out into the waiting room. Nick immediately jumped up out of the chair and rushed over to the woman.

"How is y/n? Everything okay?" Nick spoke very quickly. He shoved his hands in his pockets and walked fast.

"Let's talk in another room." The nurse and Nick went into an empty nearby room to speak about your condition.

"Is everything okay?" Nick asked once more.

"The surgery went mostly well and the mass was removed." The woman began to explain.

"Mostly?" Nick almost shouted.

"Y/n's lung collapsed during the procedure, but we were able to work quickly before any major damage was done. Everything should heal properly, though because they are young, we are going to keep y/n in the hospital for recovery and to keep watch on them." The nurse was able to finish.

"Is y/n okay?" Nick shouted as a tear slid down his face. He stood out of the chair and headed for the door. "Where is y/n?"

"Sir, they are resting now and won't be out of anaesthesia for a bit. You either need to calm down or go sit back in the waiting room."

"I need to see y/n." Nick replied much calmer, but was growing impatient fast.

"Right this way."

The nurse showed Nick to your room and requested he say quiet for the other patients in nearby rooms. You laid with your head tilted slightly back and your arms lying by your side. You wouldn't wake up from the anaesthesia for a few more minutes. The nurse already started the IV with saline and heavy pain medication.

"Y/n?" Nick asked as you slightly moved your head. He held you hand tight and kissed it. "Y/n?"

You tried to open your eyes, but they felt unbelievably heavy. You felt exhausted and unable to move no matter how hard you tried to squeeze Nick's hand back.

"Ni.." You manged to squeak out, though your mouth felt very dry. You tried your best to squeeze Nick's hand and you brushed your thumb over the back of his hand.

"Shh, y/n, it's alright. I'm here, baby. I'm here." Nick spoke to you for a while and you just listened. You felt exhausted and though you were asleep for a while, you couldn't wait to go to bed.

"Nick.." You whispered and slightly opened your eyes. Your vision was blurry and you could barely make out Nick's figure.

"Y/n, honey, hi." He kissed your hand once more. As you tried to speak more, the pain in your chest came in waves. With each breath, your lungs filled with pain and with each exhale, there was a bit of relief.

Your voice sounded raspy and airy with each word. You wanted to tell Nick how much you loved him, but your chest felt on fire. Your vision cleared and were finally able to see him. Warm tears streamed down your face blurring your vision once more because you missed him so much.

"Awe, y/n, please don't cry." Nick carefully wiped the tears off your face. He sniffled and kissed your hand once more.

Nick looked tired and had bags under his eyes. Though you were the one to have the surgery, this has heavily impacted both of you. You knew the next few days weren't going to be easy and they were not only going to be painful, but exhausting and discouraging.

The nurse knocked on the door and let herself in. She checked your vitals, breathing, and made sure you had no internal bleeding. Once everything was determined fine, she left you and Nick once more. The doctor was going to be in soon to discuss the procedure and the lab results from the tumor.

"Can yo-" You began to say, but ran out of breath. You took as deep of a breath you could and tried to speak again. "Can you lay with me?" You said in almost a whispered too quiet to hear.

"Oh course, baby." Nick went around to the other side of the hospital bed and helped you scoot over just a little bit. He climbed in the bed gently and avoided every tube and wire. Once you were comfortable, Nick settled down and put his arm around you and held your hand.

You tried to cuddle into his chest, but you couldn't move very well. You were too tired and in too much pain to really do anything anyway. You rested your head against his chest and closed your eyes to rest.

"Thank you." You mumbled.

"What?" Nick asked quietly with a smile.

"Thank you for loving me." You repeated keeping your eyes closed.

"I will always be here and I will always love you." He kissed the top of your head.

" I love you." That was the last thing you remember saying before drifting off to sleep while being held by the love of your life.

__________________________________
Hi! Thank you so much for almost 7k! Hope you enjoyed part three!
Also, my new Clay/Dream fanfiction, Dreamin', is out now! Part one has been posted! Go check it out!

-Val 💕