Burnt Potatoes - Wilbur Soot/TommyInnit

Wilbur Soot/TommyInnit

"Tommy! Could you at least replant the potatoes after you harvest them?" You shouted from the front yard as you began to dig a few holes for the new plants.

"No time! I have to prepare for war." Tommy swung his sword through the air pretending to hit someone.

"The war isn't for a few days. You would have had plenty of time to grow more." You replied replanting the potatoes.

"War could start at anytime, y/n, so, you always have to be prepared." Tommy continued to practice his swings.

"I want to help this time... with the war." You brushed the fresh dirt off your hands and picked up the leftover potatoes.

"You know that won't happen. Wilbur and I already told you no." He rested his sword on his shoulder and made his way over to you.

"Just because you are my brothers doesn't mean I have to listen to you guys." You adjusted the basket under your arm.

"You're not fighting." Tommy smiled and messed up your hair.

"Fine." You reluctantly gave up. "I'll go bake these."

You went into Tommy's house and started washing off the potatoes. After you cleaned them, you placed a few into the furnace and lit the coal. You set a timer for twenty-five minutes then began to organize food rations for Tommy. He was sat at the kitchen table sharpening his sword.

Not even five minutes later, Wilbur burst through the front door.

"Tommy!" He shouted and ran into the kitchen. "We have to go!"

You jumped at the sound of the door slamming shut. Tommy stood up from the table and asked what was going on.

"It started. We have to go, now!" Wilbur grabbed two of the bags you had packed and tossed one to Tommy.

"What is happening?" You asked still not sure of what was happening. Before either of them could answer you, a flaming arrow broke the window and stuck in the wall, nearly missing you.

"Get down!" Tommy grabbed your arm and pulled you to the floor. You asked what was happening once more. The three of you stopped dead in your tracks as you all heard the siren begin to sound.

"The war, it has started." Wilbur finally said has he guided you to the trapdoor in the corner of the kitchen. He opened it and told you to climb down the ladder.

"But it's too early." Your voice shook as you slowly stepped onto the wooden planks.

Before you descended below the floor, you gave Tommy and Wilbur a hug and made them both promise to come home alive. Wilbur closed the trapdoor above you then left the house with Tommy.

You didn't want to think about what was happening out there, you just wanted your bothers to make it home safely. Soon, you began to hear explosions. You curled into the cobweb-filled corner and plugged your ears.

The explosions mixed with the sound of swords hitting armor made the house feel like it was shaking. You kept your eyes closed and your ears plugged as your heart was beating out of your chest.

Time seemed to pass slower and slower. You had no idea how long you had been protecting yourself in the hidden area under the kitchen. You couldn't take it anymore. You unplugged your ears and heard a faint beeping sound.

The potatoes.

Who knows how long the potatoes had been in the oven. You thought they must be chard by now. You debated climbing out to see what was going on outside. Wilbur and Tommy told you to stay put, but you wanted to know what was going on above the surface.

As soon as you placed your hand on the ladder, you heard a scream come from outside that made your stomach drop. A lump formed in your throat and tears brimmed your eyes.

You froze in your place and replayed the sound in your head over and over again trying to rationalize it. The scream sounded like Quackity yelling "Bad", Fundy yelling "Dad", or Wilbur yelling "Tom."

You hoped it was none of the above.

After a few moments of reassuring yourself, you slowly began to climb up the ladder. Your legs felt weak and your arms were shaky. Once you reached the top, you pushed the trapdoor open and crawled onto the kitchen floor.

You stayed low to the ground and made sure you were out of sight of any of the windows, just in case. You scanned the kitchen walls and the nearby hallway for anything to protect yourself with. You settled with a kitchen knife.

After grabbing the knife, you reached up to the oven and turned it off. You checked the potatoes and they were so burnt, Hell wouldn't even call it a meal. A loud crashing sound grabbed your attention and you were now focused on the kitchen window.

You quietly crawled to the window and tried to see anything you could. It seemed that by the time you reached the window, the battle had been taken somewhere else. You stomach began to turn again at the thought of Wilbur or Tommy being hurt, or worse.

You dropped back down to the floor as you heard the front door swing open and hit the wall. You held the knife close to your chest as you inched your way back toward the trapdoor. You heard a few mumbled words being exchanged as they moved closer to the kitchen.

You slowly opened the trapdoor trying not to make any sound, but the silence amplified the old creaking hinges. You winced at the loud sound and hoped whoever had entered the house didn't hear it, no matter who it was.

Just as you were sliding into the hole in the floor, a sword fell onto the ground and a helmet was tossed to the side. You quickly looked up and saw your brothers. Wilbur had a streak of blood brushed down his face and Tommy had a few scratches scattered across his face and neck.

"Wilbur! Tommy!" You scrambled off the floor and hugged them tight. You cried into Wilbur's shoulder tears of happiness and relief.

"Everything is alright, y/n. We won, we won. I'm okay. Tommy is okay. We won."

___________________________________
Hey! Thank you so much for 70k! Insane!

I hope you are enjoying!

Thank you all so very much!

-Val 💕