Chapter Twenty-Four

Days pass. A week even. I go about my usual routine of waking up, showering, making some breakfast and then just watching tv the whole day. Some days I go shopping for baby things. Something I should be doing with the father of my baby or at least the man I wanted to be the father of my baby girl. My mind continues to think about Nate, our kiss and how much I miss him. The way his body fit against mine perfectly, the way his lips moved with mine like mismatched pieces finding their other half. He was it for me. Nate was the one that I want. The Romeo to my Juliet, the Sonny to my Cher, the Brian to my Mia. I needed to tell him how much I needed him, how he keeps me alive.

Muffled voices come from outside, in the hallway. I scramble to my feet as fast as I can with my growing belly. It's got to be Nate. I hear the soft, old and humble voice of Margaret when I approach the door. I open it slowly. I take a step out of the apartment and see Margaret talking to Nate, his back facing me. Margarets eyes look past Nate and towards me, giving Nate the idea to turn around. My stomach flutters at the connection of his eyes with mine. He's wearing half of his air force uniform. He's removed his blazer, leaving him only in a white button up shirt and blue pants. He looks important and the uniform makes him look sexy. He has a duffel bag draped over his arm which I would assume contains all his clothes for the week he spent away from home.

He falls silent and stops talking to Margaret for a second. He turns back to her before saying,

"Thanks again Margaret." She turns around and walks back into her apartment next to Nate's. He drops his duffel bag that was swinging on his shoulder in front of his own door and walks over to me, stopping in front of me, about a metre away.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was going. I was in a rush to get out of here because there was an emergency at the base and I-," I cut him off by stepping forward and wrapping my arms around neck to pull his lips down to mine. His lips are still at first from the shock of my action but I feel him relax and begin to kiss me back. His hands rest on my waist as my tongue explores his mouth, and they move together perfectly once again. The butterflies in my stomach take flight as his hands move to my face and rest on my cheeks. He pulls away, out of breath.

"What?" He breathes, unable to finish the question. I look up into his eyes.

"Nate, that night I kissed you, I wasn't using you as a rebound at all," his eyes spark up a little. "I kissed you and realised that you are the one I want. No. You're the one I need." I reach one hand out and grab his hand in mine. Touching him sends sparks pulsing through me, making me want to touch him with every inch of my body.

I continue, "Nate, when you were gone for this past week, it felt like I was missing my other half. You make me feel safe, and the last thing I wanted was for you to think that I was using you." A tear begins to slide down my face but Nate wipes it away. "Nate, I want to be with you." I go silent, waiting for his response. He looks down at his hand in mine and then back into my eyes. Without a word. He crashes his lips back down to mine and a small moan escapes my mouth from the intensity of the kiss. The kiss says so many things, the most important being that he feels the same way. His hands reach up and run through my messy hair before resting on my cheek again. We both pull out of the kiss again and he rests his forehead against mine. He slightly nods his head. 

"You're all I want, Brook." A contagious smile plasters itself across his face and which results in a smile appearing across my face. A small giggle breaks out from my mouth and he catches it with a peck to my lips.

"Have you been resting? Please tell me you haven't done anything stressful in the last few days." He fusses over me, walking back over to his bag and picking it up and opening his apartment door, throwing his bag inside and closing it again. I shake my head.

"Other than worrying about you, no nothing. Oh oh! I decorated the babies room a bit more and did some shopping!" I exclaim. He smirks and lets out a small laugh,

"Of course you did," he grabs my hand and pulls me into my apartment. "Well, lets have a look." He holds my hand the whole way to the baby's nursery and opens the door wide. He lets go of my hand and spins around inside, shock across his face, his jaw basically touching the ground.

"Oh my God, Brook, this is amazing," his bewildered face continues to turn around in shock. I was very impressed with the room actually. I painted the walls a very light baby blue and then painted some cute little clouds in clusters around the room. The feeling of flying comes to mind when I step into this room because that's how I feel at the moment. Like I'm flying. Unreal. I have a baby girl on the way and the most supportive and attractive guy by my side to help me along the way. My life feels dreamlike.