Chapter Thirty

I'm awoken by pain in my stomach. Not a stabbing kind of pain, more of a cramping pain. I look at the alarm clock on my bedside table. 3:56am. I move to get up but the bed underneath me is wet. Realisation settles in. I shake Nate's arm gently but he only stirs.
"Nate," I say in an alarming tone and shake his arm more dramatically. His head turns to face me but his eyes are still closed.
"What's up?" He mumbles, rubbing his eyes.
"My water broke. It's time." His body shoots up in a sitting position, eyes wide now. after the shock sinks in, he rushes out of the bed and hurriedly gets dressed. I follow his lead and get dressed as well, trying to be as careful as possible.

I wake up Mum and Jason and they get ready to go as well as Nate grabs the hospital bag that we packed in preparation for this day. For this moment right here. Within 20 minutes, we're in the car and heading to the hospital. Before I know it, I'm in my birthing suite, hospital gown on me and Doctor Williams is rushing around the room, making sure all the machines are working properly and checking my blood pressure. Contractions are only 5 minutes apart which means it's almost time. Doctor Williams finishes taking my blood pressure. She nods and looks at me.
"You're ready. Is everyone staying in the room?" She turns around to look at my family. Jason shakes his head.
"Hell no. Come get me when it's over." He walks out of the room and shuts the door behind him. My mum laughs at his reaction and nods her head.
"I'm not missing a second of this."
"Okay and Nate, do you want to stand next to her head and hold her hand. Be her support system," Doctor Williams gestures towards me and the rest of the birthing crew enters the room, all dressed in scrubs. Nate grabs my hand and squeezes it gently to reassure me. Before I know it my little girl has been brought into the world.