Chapter Thirteen

I wake up to the smell of pancakes. My eyes are heavy and I'm still tired. My back aches and I know the baby is hungry when my stomach rumbles. I feel the bed next to me for Shaun but the bed's empty and cold. I push the blankets off and rub my eyes. I look at the clock on the bedside table that reads 8am on my way to the kitchen. The smell of pancakes grows stronger as I turn the corner of the corridor and into the living room.

The table is set nicely, cutlery and napkins set out along with glasses of orange juice. I hear the clatter of pans and kitchen utensils and walk into the kitchen where Shaun is flipping a pancake.

"What's all this?" I ask, confused. He turns around quickly, not realising I'm standing in the doorway. A smile stretches across his face.

"Morning beautiful," he smirks, looking from my bare legs up to my face. I roll my eyes and walk over to the sink to fill up the kettle. I need a warm tea at this time of the morning.

"So what's with the breakfast?" I ask again. He turns back around to the stove to take the pancake out of the pan and slaps it onto a plate piled with other pancakes. He turns the stove off and picks up the plate.

"I can't make breakfast for my girl?" He asks, jokingly offended. I shake my head and pour the boiled water into the mug. I feel the steam from the tea rise up to my face and breathe it in. Shaun puts the plate of pancakes down on the bench beside me and wraps his arms around my stomach, hands resting on my bump.

"I'm sorry about last night and want to make it up to you," he says sincerely. I can hear the sorrow in his voice and I instantly feel bad.

"It's okay, just don't do that again. You and Nate need to get along, you'll be seeing a lot of each other," I mention slyly. I feel his body tense behind me and he grunts to clear his throat.

"What're you talking about?" He grumbles under his breath. I know he's not going to like this but,

"I want Nate to be the Godfather." His arms release from around me and I turn around to face him.

"You what?" He yells, "you're kidding right? You want that tool to be the Godfather to our baby?"

"Yes, he's been nothing but sweet and he's done so much for the baby," I reason with him.

"This is fucking ridiculous," he turns around and runs his hands through his hair.

"There is no way I'm letting that fucker be the Godfather. It just gives him more of an excuse to spend time with our baby."

"Are you implying that he won't be spending time with it?" I question, shocked. He turns back around, mouth slightly ajar and stumped for words.

"N-i-," He stumbles on his words. My blood begins to boil. There's no way he thinks that Nate won't see this baby. He's taken just as good care as me as much as Shaun and he deserves to see this baby. I want my baby to grow up with Nate in their life.