Chapter 5

Britney's POV

When we walk in i feel a cold breeze and I shiver. I look around and see an ice skating rink, I haven't been ice skating since i was about 9 years old and now I am 17.

"Like it?" i hear someone ask from behind me, I turn around and see cameron with a huge smile on his face. "I love it" i say while smiling at him. "Good, well i hope you know how to ice skate because i don't know how to and if I fall I'm getting you back" I laugh at his words. "Not funny" he says and I can tell he's trying his hardest not to laugh.

We walk up to the people who give us our ice skates and a guy asks us for our size. I ask for a size 6 and cameron gets a size 11. When the guy hands us the ice skates we sit down at a table and put them on. I got up right away trying to get the hang of it and I did really quick. I could tell cameron was struggling to put his on so i helped in an once we finished i turned around and gave cameron a smile. I reached out my hand and held his and before I knew it we were ice skating holding hands.

I was having so much fun that I didn't even notice we were skating for 2 hours straight. "Can we take a break I'm hungry and my feet hurt" cameron whines. I laugh and nod, we head to our table and remove our ice skates and decide to get something to eat. Cameron and I walk out of the ice skating place and luckily there was a Chinese food restaurant in front of it.

"You order our food I'll be right back i gotta go to the bathroom" cameron says from behind me doing a little dance trying to hold in his pee which makes me laugh. Once I order i sit down at a table and wait for cameron to come back. I felt someone next to me and I was expecting it to be cameron but it wasnt. It was nash and his group of friends.

"Well look who we have here, little miss Britney, are you here all alone?" i hear Nash's friend Brian say then they all burst out laughing. I look around trying to find cameron but I don't see him anywhere. I texted him asking him if he was almost done and i didn't get a text back. I jumped a little when I felt hands on my waist but relaxed when I saw cameron.

"Cameron?" I hear someone from the group say. It was Nash. "What are you doing here.. With her?" he asks then starts laughing. "Is there a problem? what happened to you, you haven't been acting yourself lately." cameron replies and Nash remains silent. Cameron whispered In my ear that we should get going and I just nodded my head, he took his plate and we made our way to his car. The car ride was silent and a bit awkward. I felt my eyes getting heavier and before I knew it i drifted off to sleep.

Cameron's POV

When I walked out of the bathroom i looked around for Britney but couldn't find her. Then I saw a group of boys around her and she looked really uncomfortable. I looked at the group of boys and my jaw dropped when I saw Nash. What is he doing here?

I walked up to the table and put my arms around Britney's waist trying to get the boys to go away but it didnt work. I saw Nash look at me with confused eyes but he was acting really weird. Is there something I don't know about Britney and Nash? Wait why should I care its not like we're dating. I looked down at Britney and she looked so uncomfortable so i decided we should head home. The car ride was long and silent and when I looked to my side Britney was asleep, she looked so peaceful. When I arrived to her house i didn't know if i should wake her up or carry her but what if her parents are home? So I decided to wake her. I called her name a few times and she opened her eyes and tried to rub the sleep away. "we're here" i whisper. She gets up and I walk her to her door.

"I had a great time today cameron, thank you so much" she says with a huge smile on her face. Her smile is so beautiful. Before i knew it she wrapped her arms around me and I did the same to her. We hugged for about 10 seconds then finally let go. "We should do this again sometime?" i tell her in more of a question and she nods. "Goodnight" I say and with that she walks in and I make my way to my car. When I get in i can't help but smile and think about how great today was, I really wanna get to know her better.

On my way home i get a text from Matt saying the guys are going out to get some food but Nash is home, I sigh and walk up to the door once I'm home. I check my pockets to see if i brought my keys and i didn't so i knock on the door like a crazy person. A few seconds later Nash swings the door open with a shoe in his hand for protection and I can't help but burst out laughing.

"What the hell dude you scared me!" he says while nudging me and I laugh again. "Matt said the guys went out to buy some food so the only thing we can do is wait" i say not making eye contact with him. Then it got really awkward.

"Hey cam can i ask you something?" Nash says breaking the silence. "Yeah what's up? i say looking at him but his focus stays on the TV. "Are you and Britney a thing now?" i smile at the thought of her but shake my head. "Can I ask you something?" i say to him and he nods. "What's wrong with you and Britney? I know you guys know each other but it doesn't seem like you like each other" i look at him again and he shakes his head. "We just had some bad times nothing much"

A few seconds later i hear the door open and Taylor screams "We're home!" Matt walks into the living room with 2 boxes of pizza in his hand and carter walks in with one box of pizza. We all eat and catch up and once everyones done i go upstairs to my room and take a nice long shower. When I got out it was 10:15 pm so i sent Britney a goodnight text and drifted off to sleep.