Chapter 23

Cameron's POV
"W-what?" I manage to say.

Elizabeth cries even more and I try to swallow the big lump in my throat signaling I'm close to tears. I excuse myself and run outside, I run my fingers through my hair and I can't help but start crying.

Nash is gone, this is all my fault!

What am I gonna tell Britney?

I cry even more when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

I turn around and see Britney.

"Britney, what are you doing?"

"They let me go, I'm free to go home. But I found out what happened to Nash. And Cameron this isn't your fault, it isn't. Please don't blame this on yourself" she says with a weak smile.

I hug her and start crying even more.

"Britney he's gone, my best friend is gone. I let his family down! I let you down," I was cut off by my phone ringing.

I picked up and Elizabeth told me to meet her where we were earlier. I told Britney and she came with me.

When I finally saw Elizabeth she ran to me and gave me a really big hug. I hugged back but I was so confused.

"Cameron they confused Nash with someone else! he's not gone! they brought him in the emergency room and he needed surgery but they confused him with someone else, my baby boy is okay!" she yells crying.

I smile and hug her again. "Don't worry this wont happen ever again, I'm never letting Nash leave the house ever again unless I'm with him," I tell her causing her to laugh.

I turn to Britney and see she has a huge smile on her face. I hug her

"He's okay, babe he's alive," I whisper in her ear. She hugs me even tighter. This is the type of hug that puts all your broken pieces back together, I wish we can stay like this forever but right now, I NEED to see Nash.

I pull away from the hug and turn back to Elizabeth. "Can we see him?" I ask her. She nods and we all speed walk to Nash's room.

I slowly open the door and my heart drops when I see him,

He has a cast on his left leg holding it up, a cast around his right arm, and a large bandage covering his head.

He has a black swollen eye, a cut on his lip and his jaw. I look down and try to hold in the tears.

I turn around to see Britney and Elizabeth crying, all I could see was pure hurt in their eyes and I didn't know what to do. All of a sudden I heard my name, I turned around and saw Nash with a smile on his face.

"Nash oh my god are you okay? I missed you I'm so sorry this happened because of me I should be in this hospital bed instead of you I swear-" he cuts me off and starts laughing.

"Cameron I'm alright," he chuckles then continues.

"And this didn't happen because of you don't say that , if it was you in this hospital bed I would've went crazy." he says and I smile.

"How long has it been?" he asks me.

"Um.. Well you've been asleep for about 4 and a half days.." His eyes widen and he has a shocked expression on his face.

"I was asleep for almost 5 days! what have I missed?" he says not caring that he was so close to death.

"I haven't done anything these past days,"

"Have you slept?" he asks me.

I shake my head and he laughs a little.

"I can tell, you should go get some rest. I'm alright now, you don't need to worry ill be alright." I smile and tell him I'll come back in a few hours, I turn around and ask Britney if she wants a ride home. She nods and I say bye to Elizabeth giving her a hug.