Chapter 9

Nash's POV
I locked myself in my room and I wasn't planning on coming out anytime soon.

By the time i was about to fall asleep it was 4:30 am and my alarm rings in 30 minutes but i just turned it off and decided not to go to school.

I sat in bed confused about why Britney would hurt herself. i mean, yeah I know I made these past 4 years a living hell for her but why would she care about what I said about her? I'm stupid and i say stupid things all the time. but I feel really bad i made all this get to her and I regret it more then anything in the world.

After hours of over thinking my eyes finally started to get heavier and I fell asleep.

I woke up to a knock on my door, i checked my phone and it was 7:45 am.

I tried to ignore the knocking on my door and go back to sleep but I got a text from cameron.

Hey bro, Britney's here to talk to you. come downstairs?

My heart literally dropped. Why would she still wanna talk to me? I texted cameron back saying I'll be down in 10 and with that I quickly got in the shower, brushed my teeth and fixed my messy hair.

On my way downstairs i heard cameron laughing and Britney was sitting next to him. they both turned around and cameron got up and walked over to me.

"I'll leave you two alone, call me if anything." i nod my head and cameron goes upstairs to his room I'm guessing.

I sit down on the couch next to Britney but not too close so she won't feel uncomfortable, it was awkward at first until I broke the silence.

"So what's up?" i say and she quickly looks up.

"Oh I uh.. I wanted to say sorry about yesterday. i know I was a little harsh and i didn't mean that." I can hear her voice shaking and I smile at how adorable she is.

"You don't have to apologize, if anything i should. I'm sorry Britney and I mean it. cameron told me yesterday about you cutting yourself and I really didn't wanna take it that far, i regret ever humiliating you in front of everyone because you must've felt so embarrassed and i don't want you to think you don't belong in this world because you do, your the nicest, most beautiful girl I've ever met and i don't know what the hell was wrong with me to mess with you. please forgive me?" I literally beg her.

"I forgive you Nash, I just have one question." I nod and she continues.

"Out of everyone in this world, why did you want to pick on me? What did i do to you to deserve this Nash?" Britney looked me dead in the eye and it looked as if she were about to start crying.

"I honestly don't know what was wrong with me. I think I was just a bit jealous, we were so close back then and you stopped talking to me and I did that to try and get your attention but it never worked. I got so pissed at myself to let such an amazing girl like you walk out of my life. You know in the middle of 8th grade when I tried sitting next to you but you walked away? i was gonna ask you out that day because I've had the biggest crush on you ever since the day we first met and i know now i don't have a chance with you because your in love with cameron and I don't wanna come in between you guys-"

Before i could continue Britney smashed her lips onto mine. it felt great, but we quickly pulled away when we heard a door slam.

I cursed under my breath thinking it was cameron but it was Matt who just got home.

"Bro what the hell you scared me!" i walked over to him and punched his arm playfully. he gave me a confused look but then looked at Britney and winked at me and walked upstairs.

Britney's POV
I stopped Nash and connected our lips together. is this what I've always wanted? I'm not gonna lie i have had the biggest crush on Nash since the 7th grade, but what about cameron?

I quickly pulled away when I heard a door slam shut, i looked around and sighed in relief when I saw it was just Matt.

While Nash and Matt were talking i took out my phone and checked the Time which read 8:14 am. I'm late for school!

I gathered all my things and gave Nash a hug. i walked outside but stopped again. how am I getting to school?

"Need a ride?" i hear someone ask from behind, I turn around and it's nash. I smile and walk over to his car.

He opens the door for me and I can't help but blush.

He runs to the other side and hops in the car, a few minutes later we arrive at school but I noticed that Nash doesn't have any of his school supplies.

"Ill pick you up later, i don't feel like staying today so text me when your out." i nod and give him a peck on the cheek.

*2 hours later*

I was walking into my 2nd period class when I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder, i turned around and I couldn't talk. i tried to, but I didn't know what to say.

"Cat caught your tongue?" Leo, my ex said while giving me an evil smirk.

"What do you want?" I say trying to get out of his touch but he squeezes my shoulder even tighter.

"You know what I want, we never really broke up a year ago."

With that the second bell rung and i managed to finally walk away without him trying anything.

During lunch i texted Nash asking if he could come pick me up.

Hey nash I'm not feeling well, can you pick me up please?

Sure be there in 5!

I walked to the girls bathroom and stayed there until Nash texted me saying he was outside.

Nash's POV
When Britney walked in my car she had a fake smile on her face. something's wrong.

"Okay, what's wrong?" I ask her and she bursts out crying.

"He's back Nash! Leo's back!" she sobs and i place her head on my shoulder.

"It's alright, don't worry he won't be doing anything bad to you. as long as I'm here I'll protect you I promise." I try comforting her while rubbing her back.

"Thank you." she says softly and I can't help but stare into her beautiful! eyes, she smiles and gives me a tight hug.

"Wanna go to my place?" i ask her and she nods her head.

"Nash?"

"Hm?"

"Does cameron know?"

I stopped and my eyes went wide. cameron! he's going to kill me.

"Um, no? i thought you guys were a thing. I'm so stupid I'm sorry you guys deserve to be together-" i got cut off with Britney placing her small hand on my thigh.

"It's alright Nash, I told him before that we kind of had something going on. he was a little upset but said we can still be friends." i nod and park i front of my house.

I open the door and see cameron making out with someone. me and Britney walk past him but then I see the girl he's making out with.

"Sophie?!" I say sort of yelling.

She gets off of Cameron's lap and walks over to me.

"Missed me?"