Chapter 40 Attitude Adjustments

Start from the beginning

"Having one or two flaws maybe, but someone who always assumes, cries to have her ways, is a control-freak, who walks away during every argument, who never admits her faults yet complains about how others are? I think that is just too much for a person to handle. I do not even know how I did manage all these years but I am exhausted to deal with your attitude any longer." I confronted.

"When I tell my dad this, he's going to come after you for breaking my heart." She warned.

I huffed.

"Your dad knows about this, he just felt that maybe you would change, have some responsibility after finding a mate, being a Luna and bearing children but no, you remained a toxic person with a victim mindset but I will wait for you, I will come back but only when you change that mindset of yours, till then, I am done." I said before walking away, from her figure.

'Don't create a scene or run off in the woods, I am too tired of always finding you after every argument too.' I mind-linked her.

Lucifer Zades P.O.V

We were back in the packhouse while the hunters were provided with guest rooms, however, shared with roommates.

I could not believe all this had happened and it happened so quickly.

I walked up to my room, as I slowly twirled the doorknob and carefully swung the door open, I saw Valentine sleeping with our two babies on the bed. She placed some things at the side of the beds, probably worried that the babies might fall off while she was asleep.

Today was the day, despite the war, meeting my biological mother and all that has happened, I actually felt a little relieved.

We did not exactly have any cradles to place our babies.

Our babies.

I could not even believe that I was a father now with children of my own.

Am I even ready? Will I be a good one?

I took off my shirt before moving the things away slowly to mount on the bed. I saw my babies stir a little before going back to sleep.

I could see that Valentine had showered, she looked fresh but she had lost a lot of weight, her cheekbones were pretty obvious. I actually liked it when she had a bit of meat, she looked more alive then.

I could not stop staring at her or the babies. I do not know why.

But looking at them, finally safe with me, brought a small smile onto my face, a feeling of slight content.

"I can feel your eyes on me." Valentine suddenly whispers before opening her chocolate brown eyes.

I gave her a small smile before scooching closer towards her figure but still being aware of not touching or waking up the babies.

A question had pretty much been bothering me before.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were pregnant?" I asked lowly.

She sighed.

"I did not know how you were going to react, I thought maybe you would want to abort them, so I decided not to." She said truthfully.

My face went stern.

"I will never in my life ask to abort what is mines." I told, and I could see her body tremble for a moment when I was serious.

I loved how her body reacts to me.

"Also, what are you?" I motioned towards her performance earlier with white eyes and floating in the sky occurrence.

"It's a transcended gift, my mother had it before where we can connect with our ancestors, we usually would only be getting it on our 18th birthday but well, somehow it triggered earlier." She said.

That is new.

"I never knew werewolves had that." I admitted.

"What about you? What happened while I was away?" She asks.

"Maybe we can save the story for another day?" I groaned exhausted to even begin.

"I told you mines." She scoffed.

"Yea but you know me, I don't play by the rules." I smirked at her and a blush appeared on her cheeks.

How I really want to taste her skin and her lips.

I unconsciously licked my lips looking at hers and her eyes followed, blushing even more.

PLZZ VOTE

PLZZ COMMENT

FOLLOW

- Valentine Winters