Chapter 19 Fight Like A Hunter

Recap:

"My mother has been dead to me since birth and I'd appreciate that it stays that way. The only siblings I have is Gabriel and Gabriella. My only priorities are my wife and my child. Help me save them, then best be on your way back to where you came from and leave me and my family alone." Lucifer clears.

Lorraine bites the bottom of her lips before nodding her head in understanding.

Lucifer Zades P.O.V

Everything happened so fast.

A hybrid?

My mother?

Everything doesn't make sense.

I didn't know what to believe anymore.

"Help me save her." I said.

"Stop." I heard from the side.

I looked over to see my dad's mate stepping in front of the crowd.

"What is going on here? We barely even know this woman and we trust her?" She exclaimed.

"I have no idea what just happened with Lucifer being a hybrid, this has never happened before." She continued looking at me with concern in her eyes.

"What might one know of the consequences of being a creature of both worlds. Do you?" She turned towards the woman who claims to be my half-sister.

The woman just looked back at her for a moment before dropping her eyes to the ground. "No."

"We don't even know if he could last with all the energy that he has within." My mate's mother supported.

"This is not about me; we need all the help we can get to save my mate and my child." I said.

"Do you not think that we care about our own daughter, boy? We are not playing a game of hide and seek, we are in the middle of a war." Valentine's father stepped in.

"Don't you think I know that?" I replied.

"I don't think you do, my son." Valentine's mom says.

"War means death. An alpha looks after his pack and every life counts no matter what rank they stand. You barely know anyone here. I would not let your blind decisions lead my pack to their grave." Valentine's day spoke.

"My decisions are not blind. I was once a leader-" I started.

"And look where it got them now. Where are your men, Lucifer?" Abigail cut in.

I looked at her for a moment, gulping the bile that caught in my throat.

"They're imprisoned." I looked away.

"And whose fault is that?" Abigail questioned.

"It was mine; I agree. But I did it to protect your sister." I retorted.

"Our sister who was captured in the first place because of you." Rain encouraged.

"I am not the enemy here!" I took a step towards them in rage as I could feel my wolf surfacing.

"Lucifer, control your temper." The woman warned me.

"Enough!" My dad stepped in.

"I just buried my son. Since he got here, there has been nothing but accusations and blames pointed towards him. I for one is happy that he is not dead, to begin with. How does that any of this help with the situation at hand?" My dad asks.

"My husband is right." My dad's mate stood beside me before giving me a half-smile.

"We need to work together. I may not have raised this boy, but I see him as my own." She continued locking her eyes with her husband for a moment before looking over at me.

My heartbeat accelerated.

"Therefore, I will protect him as my own. Right now, he deserves some rest. The next time anyone dares to question his loyalty or push him aside, you will answer to me." She finished as her eyes shifted to yellow, facing Valentine's family.

"Hera, you know that was not what we intended." Valentine's mother tried to reason.

"I know Victoria, but I meant what I said." She responds.

I didn't need her to look over me, to be honest. I could take care of myself. However, her words affected me in a way I couldn't describe it.

"Now, how do we trust you? For all we know you could be leading us to a trap." My dad faced the woman.

"I'm your best shot." She says.

"Besides, if I wanted you all dead, I would have never come to stop Lucifer from devouring each and every one of your blood. He has the capability to bring death upon anyone he wishes." She continues.

"I don't want it." I held, and all eyes turned on me.

"I don't want this venom, I've had it with my reputation of slaughtering their kind, and now that I intend to redeem myself, this curse falls over me? Change me back to what I was." I ordered.

"I'm sorry, but that is not possible. You were born into being a hybrid. There's no turning back." She states.

"I have yet to even learn of how to be a werewolf, how do you expect me to train as a hybrid for god's sake?" I asked.

I clenched my jaw.

"I am gambling with the time I have to find my mate and now with all the chaos that is already happening, there is something else that I have to deal with." I ran my fingers through my hair.

"You don't need to learn how to fight our ways." Gabriel says from my side.

"You'd need to fight in your own way." Gabriella supported.

"Not as a werewolf." Gabriel added.

"Nor as a vampire." Gabriella said.

"Fight as you, brother. Fight as a hunter" Gabriel says.

Adamone Levi P.O.V

"So how many ingredients have been ticked off from the list?" Evelyn asks as I placed the second last item in the bag.

"Pretty much everything." I got up from kneeling before brushing my hands onto my pants.

"Adam, I don't feel so good. Every part of my body hurts." Evelyn whimpers grabbing a hold of her hair with both of her hands.

"What do you mean?" I asked concerned, well my wolf was mostly worried than I was obviously.

In a mere second, I kneeled beside her cupping her face with my right hand.

Her breathing was heavy as she faced up towards the sky and through the reflection of her eyes, I saw the full moon, before her eyes started turning yellow and her canines started growing.

"You're shifting." I said.

PLZZ VOTE

PLZZ COMMENT

FOLLOW

- Valentine Winters