Chapter 40 Attitude Adjustments

Recap:

Lorraine looked at me for a moment, before she looked down and spread her wings and flew alongside her sister and mother back to their clan.

Lucifer Zades P.O.V

"I am not going to leave my dad here." Leonardo spoke sternly.

"He would not be your dad anymore if he fails to shift back. He will turn rogue and lose his sanity." Rain states.

"Please, help us." Raphael begs.

Rain puts her hand up. "No."

"Your family have been hunting us for ages even when we have done no wrong. They've slaughtered us mercilessly where now we are to be hidden in the woods, away from the actual world. At least we are providing you mercy to have a chance to be a part of the pack and live. I suggest you take it." Rain says.

Eric Prince P.O.V

Abigail was wanting to say something when Lucifer was defending the hunters, but I stopped her before she could cut in and pulled her away from the group.

"What is it?" She asks.

I bit the inside of my cheek, not knowing how to approach the topic.

"Why did you stop me from saying anything?" She then asks.

I sighed.

"I want a divorce." I said slightly rushed.

My wolf growled at me.

What are you doing? He barks at me.

"What?" Tears instantly brim in the corners of her eyes and I had to fight the urge to soothe her. I hate it when she cries but at the same time, she does it all the time for small reasons or to get in her way.

"We have kids, how could you just ask me for that? We are mates! We don't do divorces." She said.

"The kids will be staying with me, I will take full responsibility for them." I told.

"Are you even hearing yourself? They are my kids too! Don't I have any say in it?" She scolded.

"We will come up with terms where our children will still have contact with you every day, you are still to be in my pack, however, just not as the Luna of the pack anymore. I specified.

"But, why? What did I do wrong?" She started crying as tears were streaming down her cheeks in sadness.

My wolf was continuously growling at me as he could not understand why I was hurting my mate, fighting over for control.

"So what was I? Just a birthing machine for you or a sex slave to please you whenever needed?" She started accusing me.

"That's the thing." I started.

"You always assume everything and you never admit your faults, it is so frustrating to live with someone who is never understanding and acts like a 5-year-old." I exclaimed.

"No, you just don't love me anymore." She presumed, walking away.

"That's another thing, whenever we have an argument, you never sit down to listen but walk away." I said making her stop in her tracks.

"I am done with compromising with our relationship. I am not divorcing you because I don't love you anymore, I just don't exactly appreciate your attitude and I feel as though it needs a massive transformation." I spoke, genuinely.

"When you love someone, you need to love everything about them even if it is unlovable." She stated.

I chuckled sarcastically, shaking my head looking at her.