Chapter 62 Unforeseen Trade

Valentine Winters P.O.V

Lucifer and I began circling each other and baring our canines towards one another.

'Submit, don't make me put you down on my lap.' He growls in my head.

I halted on my step, growling menacingly whilst in a formation wherein any moment I could take a leap to pounce onto him.

'Last warning'. He warned.

I wanted to pounce.

I wanted to bite and hurt him for what he said towards me.

Yet, I still couldn't.

Maybe I am weak.

Only when it comes to him.

I sighed before sadly turning away to walk back into the pack-house in my wolf-form.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Lucifer's puzzled eyes.

I shifted back into my human form when I entered my room and wore a one-off shoulder shirt and a pair of shorts, before sitting down on a chair to fix my hair at the dressing table.

I noticed Lucifer's wolf-form entering the room through the reflection in the mirror before he transformed into his human self as well, being completely naked and nearing towards my frame.

He was about to touch my shoulders but I moved away.

"Don't.' I said and walked outside of the room to the nursery and sat down on a two-person couch that was in between both the babies' cradles.

Looking at their sleeping figures did make me feel a little relaxed.

Lucifer entered the room fully clothed and walked over to sit down beside me.

It was not an awkward silence, to be honest.

I felt as though some silence was needed.

"Go." I said looking at him while biting down on my lower lip hard, breaking the silence between us.

"What?" He asks.

"Find Lorraine." I said.

"Why the sudden change of mind?" He questioned.

"What's the point? You're never going to listen to me anyways." I said with a small smile.

"I'm staying." He says.

I looked at him.

"Why?" I asked.

He looked at the twins before focusing back onto me.

"You're right, I need to take responsibilities as the new alpha." He began.

"Also, as a husband and a father." He says.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, letting down my ego.

"I'm sorry too." He gave me a small kiss on my cheek.

"You know I didn't mean what I said, right?" He questioned.

I seemed a bit hesitant to trust that.

"What more could I do to make you trust me?" He asks.

I gave a little thought to it.

"I trust you." I said, giving him a reassuring smile and he embraced me in a warm hug.

Suddenly, there was a portal opening up in front of us.

I stood protectively in front of our son's cradle while Lucifer protectively stood in front of our daughter's cradle.

"Greetings." A tall man with green eyes walked out of the portal.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Lucifer clenches his jaw while his eyes flash red.

"Already cutting to the chase?" The man asks with a smug look on his face.

"Just answer the damn question." I told and he raises an eyebrow at me, scoffing.

"I need the hybrid to follow me." He says.

"For what?" I enquired.

"In exchange for the werewolf-girl. I am willing to make a trade." He says and he opens his palm where a hologram-like thing appeared showcasing Lilith with handcuffs.

My heartbeat accelerated as I looked at Lucifer who was already looking at me.

"So, do we have a deal?" He smirks.

"No." I mouthed towards Lucifer.

"What do you want with me?" Lucifer inquires the man.

"Details are only revealed once this contract is accepted." He says.

"How about Lorraine?" Lucifer questions and instantly the man's face alters towards a possessive look?

Why was he being possessive of her?

"She's not a part of this trade." He states sternly.

"Let go of Lorraine and Lilith, and I will join willingly." Lucifer says.

What?

"No." I protested.

How could he?

What about how I feel?

What about our newborn children?

He's the pack's alpha for God's sake.

"Hush." He shushed me.

"No, I will not allow this." I refused stubbornly.

"Do not bargain with me, mortals. It's either you take this deal or I will take you by force. You do not know of the power that I yield." He warns.

The man extended out his hand towards Lucifer for him to take.

"I'm sorry but I have to do this." Lucifer mouthed towards me.

My breathing started quickening.

Before Lucifer could take his hand, I quickly placed mines on top of the man's hand. "I possess the hereditary Luna gifts of the Moon Goddess herself, I accept this trade, take me instead." I spoke.

"No!" The man shouted and the rest was a whole blur before I found myself in an abandoned house.

Lucifer Zades P.O.V

"No." I said.

Lilith was now in front of my eyes but Valentine just vanished along with the portal.

"No no no no no." I kept repeating as I began to hyperventilate.

Not again.

"Lucifer?" Lilith calls while her handcuffs dissipated into thin air.

"What happened?" She asks.

"She's gone, again." I balled my hands into tight fists, fuming in rage.

Adamone Levi P.O.V

Valentine's form suddenly appeared in the room that we were in, taking all of us by surprise, and there was a man beside her.

"Valentine?" Gabriel calls out not believing what just happened.

The man looked bewildered as he looked at Merlin.

"Father?" He questions.

"Hello, son." Merlin smirks with a twinkle in his eyes. 

PLZZ VOTE

PLZZ COMMENT

FOLLOW

- Valentine Winters