Chapter 22

It's been 16 hours since Chaeyoung left, and Mina's sure that the latter already arrived at her mother's house... But what she's curious about is why Chaeyoung's not calling her yet...

The Son family went to the mall to buy things that they'll be needing for the holiday season, but Mina stayed in the house... She entered Chaeyoung's room with down shoulders, as Mina walk around Chaeyoung's room, the photo of the latter stole her attention. The frame is on the table beside the monitor, it was take when Chaeyoung's still a kid.

 The frame is on the table beside the monitor, it was take when Chaeyoung's still a kid

Mina took the picture frame and spoke.

"Chaeyoung- ah... I wish you were here with me, or I was there with you... Or we're together anywhere else" Mina sighed

She's still clueless of her lover's sudden departure. Mina was sure that Chaeyoung never told her about leaving... Well, the latter never told her because it was an on the spot decision.
All Mina wants is for Chaeyoung to comeback, so that she can hug her again...

She's too eager to end the holiday season, not knowing if the cub she's been longing for will comeback or stay where she is...
Unbeknownst to Mina is Chaeyoung's pain, the pain that encourage her to leave... Thinking that running away is the best option, enable for her to s
escape from everything that hurts...

Mina's holding her phone since she woke up, she's waiting for Chaeyoung's call... Mina understand that Chaeyoung has to go to see her mother, but this should be their first Christmas together.

Meanwhile, in other part of the globe...

Chaeyoung goes out of her room after taking a nap. There's a lot of visitors when she came out, she then walked straight- out of the house, and there she found her cousin Dahyun, arguing with her girlfriend Momo.

 There's a lot of visitors when she came out, she then walked straight- out of the house, and there she found her cousin Dahyun, arguing with her girlfriend Momo

"Yah

"Yah... I told you to wear stripes" Dahyun hissed

"You didn't tell me if it's vertical or horizontal" Momo replied

Dahyun just facepalm herself "Let's go" she then wrapped her arms around Momo's arm and pull her inside the house.

But even before the couple get in, Chaeyoung welcome her with a smile.

"Chaeyoung- ah!" Dahyun happily called and give the latter a hug "I thought you won't spend the Christmas with us this year?"

"Change of plan" Chaeyoung replied, she then face Momo and smile "Hi there unnie!"

Momo smiled back and give Chaeyoung a quick hug "It was great to see you again"

"Why don't we get in, the whole family is already here" Chaeyoung

The three went to the backyard, where their relatives are having a mini reunion.
This is how they spend Christmas season, Chaeyoung's Mom's relatives are having small gathering to see each other... And they'll stay like that until the year ends.

Momo was called by Chaeyoung and Dahyun's cousins, that's when Chaeyoung took the chance to ask her unnie about something that concerns her...

"Dahyun unnie?" Chaeyoung

"Hmmm?" Dahyun replied after taking a barbeque from the grill, they then walked to the corner

"How do you guys keep your relationship?" Chaeyoung

Dahyun smiled and look back "Why do you asked?"

"Nothing... I'm just curious... You guys were together since high school, I'm just curious on how you do it" Chaeyoung

"If she won't ask me about what or how I feel, I'll tell her instead of waiting for her to ask" Dahyun smiled and look at where Momo is "Momo may not be the smartest person in this world... It's true that she can't solve math problems just like others, but she knows the formula to make me happy... She helps me solve my problem by just hugging me" She smiled while staring at Momo "She knows exactly what to do to make me feel alright, even in my darkest days"

"Aren't you afraid to tell her everything?" Chaeyoung

Dahyun shook her head "In a relationship, you should not hide things... You're supposed to grow closer in a relationship, not ruin each other's trust" she then pay attention to Chaeyoung "Momo is my home... And I'm doing everything I can to be her home too, not just another battle that she have to deal with"

"You sounded like you two never had a hard time" Chaeyoung

Dahyun chuckles "Of course we do... But ending our relationship, thinking that it's better to cry once than dealing with it everyday is stupid... It's easy to let go, but it's hard to take back someone that you let go"

"You'll still stay even if it hurts?" Chaeyoung

"Specially when it hurts" Dahyun replied "Love is not all about happiness... It's dealing with everyday's struggles with your lover beside you... It is all about the journey of the people who wants to stay with each other after all the unfortunate things that happened."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aki! Chen! Don't run!" Sana shouted when they entered their apartment

Tzuyu put her arm over Sana's shoulders "Just let them be... They just miss the house... We're away the whole week"

"I wish our boys inherit your personality" Sana sighs

Tzuyu chuckles "But they got your rebel side... Anyway, I'll take care of the kids tomorrow" Tzuyu

"Don't you have work tomorrow?" Sana

"I'm just going to check the site, then I can fetch them from the kindergarten after" Tzuyu

Sana nodded "Mina and I will be leaving early tomorrow, we have morning shift in the hospital"

Tzuyu smiled and tuck Sana's hair behind the latter's ear "Just few more years and all your hard work will payoff... Keep fighting my doctor"

Sana chuckles "You always believe in me"

"Of course I'll always believe in you, you're the best" Tzuyu

"Ohw, I forgot something" Sana took  Tzuyu's phone from her pocket and handed it to the latter "You got a message"

"What does it says?" Tzuyu

"You'll be having a reunion on the 30th day of the month" Sana

Tzuyu sighs learning the news about their upcoming department reunion.

"What is it?" Sana asked

Tzuyu show a weak smile "I was just thinking about Chaeyoung... It's been five years since we last seen her"

"Maybe she'll be attending the reunion too" Sana

"I just don't get it... Why did she cut all her connection to us? Even to her family" Tzuyu replied

"Are you mad?" Sana

Tzuyu shook her head "I'm actually worried... What do you think happened to Chaeyoung?"