Chapter 34

Chaeyoung was busy fixing the bed of her Mom while the old woman is sitting on the wheelchair in front of the window and looking outside.

It's been four days since Chaeyoung's mother was discharged from the hospital.

"Chaeyoung..."

"Ye Eomma?" Chaeyoung quickly jumped off the bed and run to her mother's side.

The old woman turn to her side to face Chaeyoung, she then cupped the latter's face.

"What is it Eomma?" Chaeyoung get down in one knee, so that her Mom won't have a hard time on holding her face

The old woman smiled "I will leave you and your brother one day, and that day is unpredictable..."

"Eomma, don't say that" Chaeyoung

"Let's be true Chaeyoung... But before I go, I want to make sure that both of you are doing fine"

"Eomma, stop saying those... It's like you're telling me your last words" Chaeyoung

"Chaeyoung, you have to accept it... One day I'll be gone but you will never be alone... You have a lot of people who loves you... Can you bring my box here?" Her mother asked

Chaeyoung nodded and stood, she head to the closet and look for her mother's precious box. It's the one where she kept her jewelries.

Chaeyoung came back to her mother with the box on her hand. The ill woman use her strong hand to open it and reach for something.

She took a ring and handed it to Chaeyoung... The cub then put down the box on the table, then look at the ring that her mother gave.

 The cub then put down the box on the table, then look at the ring that her mother gave

"That belongs to your grandmother, she gave that to me... And now, I want you to have that... Give it to Mina and ask her for marriage"

"Eomma, I don't think it's the right time for that" Chaeyoung replied

"Why? Isn't she the girl that you want to spend the rest of your life with?"

Before Chaeyoung could answer, she heard the sound of the door. Her brother came.

Chaeyoung then look at her mother "Hyung's here, I'll go now Eomma... I'm going to meet someone"

"Is that Mina?" Her Mom asked with a smile

Chaeyoung shook her head "It's Yeri, a friend... I promise to meet her tonight"

Chaeyoung smiled to her mother before greeting her brother Kai. She then leave after that to meet up with Yeri.

"Chaeyoung" Yeri greeted with a smile

"I'm sorry for being late" Chaeyoung apologize