Chapter 5

Chaeyoung's sulking in her room, her stepmom called her earlier to eat pizza. But she's not in the mood, especially that Jeongyeon's still in their house.
It's still early, and she felt like time is slowly passing...

Call her childish but she's playing with her lego, just to kill time...

When it's dinner time, Chaeyoung has no other choice but to go down, and eat with her family...
But it's not just her family who's in the dining area, Jeongyeon's with them...

Mina introduced the girl to everyone in the house.... Chaeyoung's not happy that Mina's friend is joining them, especially that she's sitting beside Mina... On the chair where Chaeyoung's supposed to sit.... She was left with no choice but to sit beside their Mom, which is in front of Mina and Jeongyeon.

"So Jeongyeon, what do you do?" Their father asked

Jeongyeon put down her spoon "I work at the bank"

"Wow, that's interesting" The old man complemented

Their father is a businessman, that's why he's interested with everything that concerns money flow. While Jeongyeon and her father are having a good conversation, and Mina and their Mom are joining them... Chaeyoung tried to busy herself with her food, she's not interested on anything about Mina's friend... She don't care about the latter's whereabouts, while Chaeyoung's staring blankly on her plate, she felt something kick her under the table...  Chaeyoung lift her head, and see Mina looking at her... She raised her eyebrows, like asking the older girl.

Mina lightly tilt her head on the side, signaling something to Chaeyoung... She was asking the latter if she's fine or what's wrong...

Chaeyoung nodded, she and Mina communicate using body language... And it's amazing that they understand each other with that...

Mina glance at Chaeyoung's food, it looks untouched... Chaeyoung has been chewing the same meet for ten minutes, that's how unattended she is... Her mind is somewhere in outer space for a while now.

Chaeyoung decided to not give any attention to Mina, though the latter keeps on hitting her under the table.
After the dinner, Jeongyeon stayed and have a talk with Mina. While Chaeyoung decided to help her Mom on washing the dishes.

"Chaeyoungshi... Are you feeling well?" Her step mother noticed that Chaeyoung's a bit off this afternoon

"Yes Mom, I'm fine" Chaeyoung replied

"Why don't you go to your room, and have some rest"

"But we're not done yet" Chaeyoung replied, referring to the plates

"Don't worry about me, you should rest now" Mina's Mom insisted

"Are you sure?" Chaeyoung

When her stepmom smiled and nodded, Chaeyoung decided to obey the latter and went upstairs to her room.

Chaeyoung shuts the door, and sighed as she throw her back on the bed...

She's not tired but feels like drained for some reason... She feels so down without knowing why.
Chaeyoung get up from the bed and went to her computer... She rather play than hate Mina's visitor for existing...

~~~

Mina knocks three times before opening the door of Chaeyoung's room... And her premonitions are correct, the reason why the latter's not responding to her calls is because Chaeyoung's busy playing on her computer.

Mina decided to get in, she stole Chaeyoung's attention when she put the glass of milk beside the monitor.
Chaeyoung glance at her but went back on the screen.