~Chapter 13~

Layla's pov:

"I'm so excited!!!" I cheered

"I'm glad that you're excited and I'm sure that you're uncle would be as happy as you are to see him," Namjoon said as he guide us further into the building

"I wonder how is he doing?" I wonder since its been forever since I saw him...I think

"He could be very much on the edge," he said, smiling

"Why do you say that?" I ask as we enter a lift

"Well, he must be nervous and worried about your arrival," Jin said

I could see namjoon was in relief after hearing what Jin had said. I wonder why he react that way. I didn't dwell on that thought much longer when we saw the state of the laboratory.  

"What happen here?" I questioned as I stumbled across some rumble

The whole place was trashed and it was like someone purposely did it. It's like they were looking for something. I nearly touched a broken test tube if it weren't for jungkook holding onto my wrist.

"Let's look around and see what we can find and here, layla, you can have this switchblade to keep you safe. Be very careful and check for walkers or advancements," Jimin said after handing me the blade

All of us split up and I decided to search on the right side of the laboratory. I wonder what I can find and hopefully, it will be uncle.  Please let him not be dead. 

~~~~~~~~

Hmm, this place seem to be the living quarter. Maybe there's something that he left behind for me to find as it seems that he isn't around. I went into what seems to be a study room. It's in the same condition as the whole laboratory. I look through everything. Just trying to find anything that could be save or even be salvage from the mess. That is until I stumbled upon an odd looking book and when I meant stumbled...I literally meant falling face first to the floor after tripping on it. That freaking hurts so bad but anyway the book was brown in colour, a little torn and it has a lock on it. Great, a potential item but it has lock. In this mess, how am I suppose to find a key. As soon as I pick the book up from the floor and that is when I heard a pressure plate activated. Now, you would think that I should get away but for some reason, I stayed.

"Is anyone there?" I ask the void

'What am I doing?' I question myself as I facepalmed myself

I look straight ahead and spot a podium with a key on it. It must be the key for the book. I quickly went for it after rechecking that there was not a single walker in the area. As I made it to the podium, I snatch it and quickly unlock the book. It's a journal and its my uncle's. It has some of his notes and research. Oh, wait...there's a letter in here:

Dear layla and woozi,

Unfortunately, I'm at my last moment of breath. I'm so sorry that I haven't been a great uncle and had been too busy with my research. I had once believe that all my hard work would payed off but it has caused a disaster to the world. In the beginning, it was friend that had created the walkers but we soon develop an advancement. We had hoped that it would control the spread of the walkers but made it so much worst. The more advancement that we made, the more they claim us as theirs. We realise that they needed love in order to function while the walkers only needed human flesh. We made a mistake so I had the intention to make it right by kidnapping seven healthy and loving males that would eventually become the ultimate advancement. However, things didn't go exactly as planned.

My seven first ever experiments had escaped from their cells and are now roaming free. I fear the worst for the world as I have made them even more powerful than any normal advancement. We had hope that it would make things better but we were mistaken.  It was not suppose to happen but it did. They broke out and are now have the ability to force their lover to become pregnant. A normal advancement couldn't but they could and that child will be born as an advancement without a mark. These seven are dangerous and you both shouldn't mess with them. Be careful of who you talk to as it might be them.

I don't have much time left as I fear that they'll be back to finish me off. I have to let you know my dear layla, you're the ultimate of antidote. Woozi could only cure normal advancement and a few walkers. However, you my dear could cure everyone even the ultimate advancement that I had created. I hadn't had the need to tell anyone and I also hadn't have a chance to explain myself. I'm your father and I'm so sorry for abandoning you. I had to as it was my only chance to save you but I didn't realise that you would be adopted by my brother's family. I was happy that you had a chance for a better family. I'm sorry that my final moments with you would be in this letter but I had to make do with what I had. I need you my child to not let anyone alter your antidote, you're the savior of the world. Please make me proud.

Love,

Uncle Hoshi aka layla's dad

P.S,  especially do not let the seven alter your antidote. Their names are....

At the end of the letter, I had already started to sob but what happened to my mum then. No matter however, the letter stopped there as it seems that my uncle I mean my dad couldn't finish the letter. I guess his first seven experiments got to him first. I need to figure out their names before its too late. Now, I need to be extremely careful. I shouldn't let anyone know about this at all. I should read the journal during my spare time but I think there's more but my dad couldn't explain to me. I should carry on exploring and I should put in a bag. Oh, there's one. I quickly grab it and place the book inside and grab other stuff that we might need too.

(Unedited)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Here's the fun part. At the end of every chapter like this one, a piece of information from the journal will be reveal throughout layla's journey to find the truth. I hope you guys are ready for it)

Test subject #1

- Smart and is a quick thinker

- Injected the solution and nothing happens

- After a while, he seems a little more aggressive yet clumsy

- He killed the walker under one hit

- Introduce to a girl, almost consume her soul (Dial back the doses)

- Second trial on a female, female remain unharm but he became stronger (success?)

- Next day, almost broke her arm but was able to fix it after being taught aid

- The leader of the seven

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things are surely getting more interesting. Its been revealed that Hoshi is layla's dad. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy my book so far. Please look forward to the next chapter soon.

Merry Christmas To All!!!