~Chapter 1~

Layla's pov:

"Layla, wake up. We need to get a move on and get on my plane quickly before those walkers get to us," I heard sky voice called out to me 

"Ugh... I hate waking up this early," I groan a little from the floor that I was laying down on as I was try doing some simple stretches for myself

God, my body is so stiff from sleeping on the ground for hours. I hope I found my uncle quickly so that I can have a nice comfy bed to lay on when I get there. I stare at sky who is looking at me blankly as I smile, sheepishly at him. I slowly got up and head towards the table near us with all my things on it.

"You're not the only one. You know that but I promise woozi to help you get to Korea and that's what I am going to do. No matter what," sky remind me

Right, my adoptive brother. I promise him that I'll get to Korea to find our uncle. Sky also made a promise to him that he'll only fly me over to Korea and that he'll be coming back to London to carry on his search for his siblings that were studying there. My brother had of course agreed to ensure my safety and that he had respected sky's decision on his search.

"Thanks by the way. However, you still didn't have to do this, you know." I said as I grab my bag after packing and loaded up my gun

"You know I have to. It was your brother's dying wish. I would do the same thing even when he's still around and if it wasn't for that walker biting him, he would still be here with us," he reminds me

Right, that walker. Woozi was bitten by a walker when he was trying to save me from under a collapsed rumble that exploded not too long ago. Woozi was so distracted that he didn't realise that there was a walker right behind him, coming to bite him. The moment he realises the walker, it was a little too late. The walker bit into his left shoulder before my brother could even stab it on its head. After ensuring that the walker is really dead, he started helping me out of the rumble before sky came in screaming about the walker herd outside the building we were in. We barely escape from the building before it got surrounded by the herd. Woozi then forced us to make him those promises as soon as he found out that he does not have much time left to survive. After our promises, he pushes me towards sky who immediately wrapped his arms around me while pushing my head to his chest. He made sure that I don't witness my brother's own death. I could only hear the sound of a gunshot before the sound of a thud followed. I remember that day so well and the tears kept coming down my face, knowing that he'll never return to me ever again.

"I remember that day so well. Let's just get a move on," I sigh as we left the bomb shelter

I really don't want to remember that incident. I still think that it was my fault that woozi is not here with us.

"I know it happened about a year ago but you've got to get a move on from that incident. He would have still love you and he'll be so happy that you're still alive for him. C'mon, my plane is this way," sky said as he leads me to his plane.

"Hey, when you find your siblings, bring them to Korea to meet me so that we can stick by each other's side until the very end," I suggest, happily

"Sure but you better find your uncle by then cause I do not need my siblings to be in harm's way. Also, don't forget to change your walkie-talkie battery when you get the chance," he reminds me

"I'll remember. I'm sure that I'll be able to find my uncle before you arrive. You better not get yourself killed too," I said as we board the plane

He laughed as he made his way to the cockpit while I sat in one of the seats near the window of the plane.

"Alright, passenger. It'll be an hour or so before we reach Korea. Keep your seat belt on until further notice or when we land. Thank you for choosing Sky Airlines. Have a nice and safe trip. Hope to see you again and thank you for choosing sky airlines," Sky spoke from the intercom

I laughed at his interpretation of the Airlines that used to soar in the skies but was now dead. I really do hope that Korea is safer like what my brother predicted. I'll be there soon, uncle. Those were my last thoughts before finally close my eyes.

~ Dream~

I was running, having no idea where I am heading as I heard several people running behind me as well. They seem to be getting closer. What's going on?

"Layla~"

Who's that and why do they seem so much closer than they should be? Now, Where did those footsteps went?

"Layla~"

"WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!!!"

~End Dream~

I open my eyes with a start as I stare at a very concerned sky. I look outside the window to see that we have reached Korea. How Long have I been sleeping?

"Layla, Are you okay?" Sky's ask, concern

"I'm fine. It was just a nightmare," I reassured him but it sounds more like I'm trying to reassure myself.

"If you say so. We're here by the way. Well, this will be the last time I'll see you until later," Sky said as he led me out of the plane

"I guess so. I'll see you soon. This won't be our last goodbye," I said as I hug him

"Yep, I'll see you soon," He said as he hugs me back

I step away from him and the plane as I wave him goodbye. I watch him board the plane as he took off, not before waving me goodbye one last time. I'll miss that goofball. Alright, It's just me and this map that Woozi left behind for me to find our uncle, Hoshi...

(Edited)