Capitolo ventinove (29)

Mirabella's POV

"So what's going on between you and the cute boy?" Mom asked wiggling her eyebrows.

I laughed and shook my head. "His name is Luca and I don't know yet,"

"Well he clearly likes you," she told me.

"I like him. I really like him but we're not together," I informed her and she smiled.

"That is not how I raised you." she slapped my arm. "Why are you waiting for him?"

She was right. Why was I waiting when I could go up to him and tell him what I want. Which is to be with him.

"What about you and Dad? Are you going to make things work between you too?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Luciano and I are not in the same worlds anymore. The mafia is my past and I've moved forward. Luciano will always have enemies and I can't keep running anymore," I understood what she was saying but what about dad. At least let him have a say.

"Okay, let's make a deal. If you talk to Dad, I'll talk to Luca," I reasoned and she smiled and I nodded.

"Deal,"

Ziva's POV

Bell is smart, I'll give her that. She is my daughter after all. I had to talk to Luciano after all. I owed him that. I left for 17 years without telling him about her. I knew he knew because I saw him looking for her but I had to cover my tracks. I did what I had to for me and Bell. For once, I was being selfish.

I went to his room and knocked. I heard a faint 'come in' before I entered. He was shirtless, lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Luciano" he shot up so quick I had to step back.

"Ziva," I allowed myself to observe his body. After all these years, he still had it. Still toned and sexy as he did 17 years ago. I looked back up at his eyes and saw him smirking because he caught me staring. Not like I was hiding it anyway.

"Why did you do this Ziva? Why did you leave me?" he asked. I sighed because I knew that would be the question he would ask.

"You know as much anyone that I didn't want to stay in the Mafia. Bell gave me a bigger reason to leave though," he nodded but I could see he still had more questions.

"But what about me? Why didn't you come to me?" he asked and I brushed the hair from my face.

"If I did then I would stay without a doubt. I already went to the Mafia Head and signed a resignation. Thankfully I didn't have to volunteer a part of my body to them," I said trying to lighten the mood but he was still scowling. I moved closer to him and placed my hand on his arm.

"Don't. Don't pretend like this is okay, you still left me. You had no idea what I had to go through trying to look for you and Bell just to find out 17 years later that you were only in Austria. Hours away," his jaw was clenched and he removed his hand from mine.

"Luciano, I am sorry," I said but I knew that was in vain.

"Yes, Ziva, I know you're sorry. But you still should've stayed and talk to me. If you had told me what was on your mind, I would've went with you," I stopped him right there.

"You shouldn't have to leave the Mafia because of me," I told him and he shook his head and stood to his feet.

"No, you don't understand. When I got to know you, I knew I didn't want to stay in the Mafia anymore. I didn't have a reason to stay. I wanted a life with you," he said softly and opened the top drawer of his night table taking out a small black box.

Is that a-? He was going to-?

He went on one knee with 17 years worth of pain in his eyes, opening the box to reveal the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. He went all out to buy this. It was utterly perfect.

"I am not going to give you a chance to run away again. If you plan on doing that, you better take me with you because there's no place I'd rather be than with you. Don't think about the Mafia, think about you, me and Bella. Think about the life we could have. I missed 17 years and I don't plan on missing anymore. I'm looking in the eyes of the woman I've loved since the day I met her and asking you Ziva, will you marry me?" he asked and I bit my lip and smiled.

"How do you know I'm not already with someone?" I asked, trying to mess with him.

"I think our daughter wouldn't have let that little detail slip," Our daughter. It sounded too good to be true. Yet it was perfect.

"How do you know I still love you?" I asked, wondering what he answer would be.

He brought his hand up to my cheek to caress it gently while I leaned into his touch.

"If you didn't, you wouldn't be in my room

"If you didn't, you wouldn't be in my room. Now, will you share the name Salvatore with me and Bella?" I laughed at his silliness and nodded.

"Yes! Yes. I will marry you, Luciano," I hugged him and he sighed in relief, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"Thank God, I was having trouble with my knee down here," he joked and I laughed.

"Getting old Salvatore," I teased.

"Not old enough to try for a second kid," he held a smug look on his face while he slipped the ring on my finger. I winked and in a heartbeat we joined together, reminding ourselves what we had those years ago and what we missed out on.

We're coming to an end. How do you like the Luciano and Ziva reunion? Aren't they cute? Next chapter will show what will become of Luca and Mirabella.

12/12/20

Au revoir....