Capitolo ventiquattro (24)

"Last training didn't go as good as we expected, so we're trying it again. With weapons. Bella you're up," Dad said. I took mom's bow and arrow in hand.

"Woah, haven't seen that thing in a while," Jasper said, admiring it.

"We'll do that later. Right now we're working on trust with you and Luca," Dad stated. Trust with-

"But I do trust him," I told him and he raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Really? But does Luca trust you?" We both looked at Luca for an answer.

"Yeah, of course I trust her," that made me feel overly happy for some reason. You know what, let's save me the trouble for later. I'm beginning to like Luca as more than just a friend.

"Prove it. Stand against the wall," he instructed and Luca obeyed.

"Now Bella, throw knives and don't flinch Luca," Luca looked at Dad as if he grew another head.

"Dad, I don't think that's a good idea, especially after what happened last time," I reminded him. What he doesn't know is that I still see her around sometimes. Less than usual but still.

"I believe in you," I was still a little doubtful about it. I was scared of losing control and hurting Luca worse than last time.

"Don't worry Luca, you're in good hands," Uncle Nik assured him.

"Are you sure about that?" I heard Jasper whisper to him.

"I have no idea. Let's hope she's as good as Red," he muttered back. I rolled my shoulders and brought my hand behind my ear. I watched as Luca gulped harshly. I smiled at him and he relaxed a little.

I threw the knife over his head, which had him sighed in relief. "A little closer." I looked at Dad as if he was crazy. I threw again near his ear. Luca started breathing heavily. "You can do better than that."

"Dad, are you out of your mind," he only smirked and I mumbled an okay under my breath and put my focus back to Luca. He closed his eyes and I threw between his legs near his junk. Thankfully, his legs were spread apart.

"Great job, Bella," Dad praised. Is he serious?

I walked up to him with my arms folded across my chest. "What was that about?"

"You two needed to trust each other,"

"We told you we did,"

"No, you trust each other with your hearts. I needed you to trust each other with your lives. Or you wouldn't have hesitated," he said calmly but I was angry.

"I hesitated because I didn't trust myself! What if I had seen that woman again and this time I ended killing Luca instead," my voice rising in anger.

"You wouldn't, not after last time. That's how much I trust you. You need to give yourself more credit, Bella," he left not giving me a chance to say anything else. Not like I had anything else to say.

"Are you okay?" Luca came behind me, turning me around to face.

"I should be asking you that. You looked like you were about to faint," I joked and he laughed. He had a nice laugh. I never got tired of hearing it.

"Well what can I say, I was on the receiving end of the knife so," he brushed the hair from my face, his knuckles lightly touching my face.

"I could've hurt you," I muttered with a frown.

"I knew you wouldn't. Because I trust you, tesoro," he winked. That nickname was messing with my head and feelings.

"Hey Mirabella, how good are you with that bow and arrow," I heard Jasper call behind me.