Capitolo sedici (16)

Luciano Salvatore's POV

17 years later....

"Boss, the Mafia Head released news," Luciano told me the second I answered the phone. I was shocked by his words. 

The Mafia Head hasn't sent out message since John Wick. And even they were killed off and replaced by someone new. I wonder what could be so important the people who are now in charge that it was deem worthy to be announced.

I hung up and went to the living room where Nik and Jasper were sitting watching movies. I grabbed the remote and switch the channel.

"Not cool man," Jasper exclaimed angrily.

"Shut the fuck up. The Mafia Head sent a message," that immediately got their attention.

"The house in Austria where it was discovered our best former assassin, Ziva Gray has been residing was found burnt to the ground. 8 bodies found, no signs of any survivors and the bodies cannot be identified. it is unknown how and what has started the fire but it is been said that this was not an accident. That is all," 

I staggered back, my heart clenched at the news. She was in Europe this entire time, She was hours away. Right under my nose and I didn't even know. Just like she said in 'plain sight'. And now the love of my life and my child was killed. I haven't even met him or her and they were taken from me. I will find out who murdered them if it's the last thing I do.

"Antonio, is there any way you can find out who was behind it," my voice was stern, my eyes welling up in tears.

"It's going to be a far stretch. I'll need to hack into her-" I cut him off from his boring explanation.

"I don't give a fuck, you find out," I demanded, my voice cracking in the end and hung up.

"She's really gone," Jasper was the first to say something. his expression was full of sorrow. Nik on the hand was void of emotion, he just sat there blank, unable of speaking. Except, he stormed off to his room. 

The front door was slammed open while we were watching the news. A whole commotion was followed by the door slam and our heads turned to see what the problem was. There stood a teenage girl, breathing heavy seemingly have fought my men to get in.

"Who are you?" I asked the intruder. She looked oddly familiar.

"I'm Mirabella Salvatore. I'm looking for Luciano Salvatore," I looked at her cautiously and everyone else had their hands ready to attack.

"Who's asking?" she looked at me for a minute then smiled.

"Hi, dad." What? She's alive? My daughter's alive.

Mirabella's POV

"See you tomorrow Tamera," I waved to my best friend as she walked me home because we lived on the same block.

"Bye, Bella," she smiled and waved back with enthusiasm.

I walked in the house to see my mom going back and forth. She handed me something and I looked down to see it was my passport. Am I going somewhere? She rushed back and came out with her bow and arrow.

"Mom, what's going on?" I asked and she stopped. 

"I think it's time you tell me. You think I haven't notice you on edge the past 17 years. what are you afraid of," I begged her and turned around to look at me with tears in her eyes.

"The truth is, my name isn't Laura Pickett. It's Ziva Gray. I was an assassin working with almost every Mafia in the world. Long story short, I met your father and killed my mother because she was going to kill me. I got pregnant with you and decided to walk away from it to give you a normal life.