Capitolo cinque (5)

"Now I'm gonna ask again. Where is Gray?" I asked the girl who's name we found out is Isabelle.

"I'm not telling you shit. Loyalty always," she sneered showing the tattoo with a gun and a snake wrapped around it on her arm.

"Yeah, you're gonna regret that," I laughed and took up a knife and cut the tattoo off while she screamed.

"Without your mark to connect you to him, do you still not want to tell me where he is?" I asked.

"You can cut me all you want and I still won't talk," she smiled evilly and winked.

"Fine," I said as a genius plan came to mind.

I went to the garage which was apparently sound proof. I opened the door to reveal Luciano beating the crap out of him.

"What's your name?" I asked calmly.

"Go to hell bitch," and he spat on my shoes. My favourite actually. Luciano was ready to rip his head off but I placed my hand on his chest to stop him.

"Well Markus, can I call you Markus? You're lady friend already told us everything. So technically I don't need you or her anymore," I lied and threw her carved out tattoo on his lap. He looked on it but didn't look convinced.

"That was on her arm by the way," I said and his eyes widened and it seemed he almost cried.

"Isabelle wouldn't do that. Why would she?" he muttered and my eyebrows raised at what was happening infront of me.

These two are in love. It seemed as if they have plans together after this all went down or maybe during everything. Wow. I almost felt sympathy.

"Yeah she did. He's leaving Europe right now. Where is he going?" I asked and he looked up at me with unshed tears in his eyes.

"He has some cartel friends in Mexico. They're going to do some trading together," he told me.

"Thank you for your help Markus," I said with a smile.

"How did you know he was in Europe?" Luciano asked.

"It was always his passion and dream to go there," I shrugged and he nodded.

"Oh and she is very much alive by the way. You on the other hand we won't need," I said and I took a remote out of Luciano's hand and pressed it wondering what it would do.

Markus' body started to go in shock and I released it immediately. I looked at Luciano with wide eyes and he only shrugged his shoulders. I laughed and pressed the button again.

"It's fun but only temporary though," I asked in disappointment.

"Yeah. We use it to get information out of them. You can turn on the light switch if you really want to kill him" he smiled.

Markus started to scream for help, shaking vigorously. We looked at him and laughed.

"Oh do continue. Nobody can hear you anyway," I chuckled and flipped the switch having him scream more as Luciano and I left to the dungeons to Isabelle.

"Hi there, meet Luciano Salvatore but you already know him. Okay so here's the dealio. Since your beloved boyfriend Markus or whatever his name is since he never told me is dead after he told me Gray's location, you're of no further use to me," I told her and she smirked.

"You're bluffing. Joe would never do something so stu-,"

"Unless he thought you were dead. As a matter of fact, Luciano can you go for Joe's body please?" I asked and a minute later Luciano came back dragging Joe's body behind him and flung him infront of her.

At the sight of him, she broke into hysterical tears. I stooped to her level and looked into her eyes while she continued crying and looking into her lover's eyes. She then looked at me and I tilted my head slightly studying the emotions in her eyes.

"Let me ask you something. Do you love him?" I asked softly.

"Yes, very much. We were promised by Gray that when this is all over, he would release us and get married," she informed me and I closed my eyes for a brief moment before opening them back.

"He lied. He would've killed you. You can blame your deaths on him," I stated and she looked up at me with tear stained eyes.

"Wha-," before she could complete her sentence, I shot her in the eye.

"Would he really?" Luciano asked and I avoided looking at him so he couldn't see me at the brink of tears.

"Maybe. I don't know," I answered with my head down and left the room.

"Come on Ziva. Harder," Uncle William shouted in anger for me to struck him.

"HARDER! HARDER!!" he shouted over and over.

I punched the bag continuously, sweat dripping down my face.

"AGAIN!!" he bellowed as we combatted.

I continued punching until my knuckles hurt and I became exhausted. I fell to the ground and cried as I couldn't take it any longer. I didn't even hear when Luciano came in. He crouched in front of me and brushed my hair to the side.

"Ziva, what's wrong?" he asked and I turned my back to him.

"Nothing, just tired," I mumbled quietly.

"The woman I've come to know would never cry because of exhaustion. Tell me the truth," and that I contemplated whether to tell him or not but instead I followed my gut.

"Woman you've come to know. Mm. That's where you're wrong. You don't know anything about me," I stood up and brushed past him but he held on to my wrist and I sighed

"If you don't tell me then I won't know, would I?" he pointed out and I shook my head and drew my hand from his grasp and turned to leave.

"Red, would you- wait? What is that?" he asked and I rolled my eyes and turned to look back at him.

"What is what, Salvatore?" I asked and he walked over to me and turned my back to him. I suddenly knew where this was going and quickly stepped back from him and faced him.

"Who did that?" he asked and I scoffed.

"Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to," I said but he pulled me to him and before I knew it he spun me around and faced my back to him.

I felt his fingertips stroke the scars and arched my back at the foreign touch. I wanted to move but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to. I cursed the camisole, pulling myself together and faced him. I looked at him and his eye were full of confusion and anger.

"Are you happy? Now you know me but that's all you'll get to know," I said to him and his expression changed to that of regret.

He was now standing closer before me in the blink of an eye. I couldn't tell if I moved or he did because our noses were now brushing together. In just a moment, he placed his lips on mine and the kiss was gentle yet rushed. It didn't last long for I remembered what was happening.

"Cosa ti rende così diverso, Ziva?" Luciano whispered in his native tongue.

I couldn't help but wonder why he said that and what he meant by it. I mean, I understand what he said because being an assassin you have to know many different languages.

"What makes you so different, Ziva" he had asked. Shit, I don't know.