Capitolo deu (2)

"Fast and furious? Yes!" I exclaimed as I squeezed myself between Jasper and another brown hair dude.

"Good morning to you too. Last night was great by the way," Jasper whispered in my ear and I rolled my eyes.

"Listen, I don't do relationships. That was a one night thing, got it?" I whispered back.

"Let's see about that," he smirked and sat back on the couch.

"What's your name?" I asked the guy beside me.

"Nikolas, what's yours?" he replied with narrowed eyes.

"Red Blood," I mimicked his expression.

"Your real name," his voice demanded.

"You're not getting that much out of me. You can call me Red or Blood," I got up and went in the kitchen.

"Well that's gonna be a problem," Luciano's voice echoed as he descended the stairs.

"And why's that?" I got up from the couch and folded my arms over my chest.

"I had my men run a bolo on you and it's as if you don't exist," we were now face to face or rather face to chest.

"I still don't see where the problem is," I shrugged one shoulder.

"In order to be with us, we have to know everything about you, starting with your name, family and so on," he said and I chuckled.

"Last time I checked, I don't work for you or with you, neither am I against you," I turned around and tried to walk away.

Keyword tried.

He held onto my hand and put it behind my back, his other hand holding my other hand in place.

"You don't have to work with us, at least not yet but as long as you're living amongst us, we have to know a little about you," his accent coming out.

"I don't have to tell you shit because I don't trust anyone but myself. Are we done here? I'm hungry," I winked at him and he let me go.

I smirked and cued the bad girl walks away music.

I went in the kitchen and opened the fridge and there was food enough to last two months.

I took out a chicken and started immediately. I had no idea what to cook, this was purely improvising. In the midst of it, I felt a presence behind me. I held my knife firmly and as I turned around to release it, I stopped as I realised who it was.

"It's just me. So you're good with your mouth, you're an excellent fighter and you can cook. What can't you do?" he asked.

"What's up with that Nikolas guy? He seems edgy," I asked, avoiding his question.

"Oh, he's almost like you. He's quiet, careful, very trusting. He's like a brother to Luciano, basically goes to him about anything. Sometimes I wonder why he's not the Consigliere. Once you get to know him, you'll see he's not as bad as he comes off. But seeing as you don't let anyone in, you won't know. At least tell me you're actual name," he told me and used his thumb tracing fingers on my hand.

"Nice try, Blondie. If you want your hand, I suggest you remove it from me," I raised my eyebrow and smiled.

The rest of the day was basically a bore, so I toured the house and found a a big enough gym in the depths of the house.

I quickly went for my bow and arrow in the car just so no one could see me and went back to the room.

I laid it in a corner and took a pair of gloves and started punching. For about an hour and a half, I paused to catch my break but I saw a set of knives in a holder.

I took them up happily and started throwing them at the drawn out person on the wall. After a while I realised they didn't have a target for my bow and arrow.

That didn't faze me for too long because in no time I started aiming at the same drawn out person which worked perfectly for practice. I guess this will be my daily place to come when I wanted to get away.

I looked up at the clock on the wall and noticed it has been almost five hours. The clearing of throat was heard and I knew it was not me.

I turned around to see Luciano leaning against the door with his hands across his chest making his triceps look bigger than they normally were.

"Do you want something or just here to stare?" I asked while taking a band-aid wrapping my knuckles.

"I've always wondered what it was like to see The Red Blood at work. This might just be practice but at least I got a sneak peak," he answered and I rolled my eyes.

"What do you actually want?" his eyes widened slightly as he realised he was caught stalling.

What people don't know is that I'm good at reading people. The only puzzle I have right now is Nikolas. Luciano is much more difficult to read, this time was the only time he let his guard down and I'm guessing it was intentional.

"You're gonna help me take back my drugs and money someone owes," he told me and I stared at him for a moment before laughing.

"You don't need my help. He owes you not me," I retorted and flexed my knuckles when I was done wrapping them.

"This one's harder than I thought so we're definitely gonna need your help. We're leaving soon by the way," he answered and left me staring at his back.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

"So that's your guy?" I referred to the brown hair guy walking, checking behind him every 4 seconds.

He's running from someone or something. Better yet, he probably knew we were watching him but didn't know in which direction we would come from.

"Jasper on my three, drop him," Luciano instructed to him through the earpiece.

"Yup,"

"Red, you're up," he said, my bow and arrow already in position as I aimed in front of him.

He jumped in fright and looked around quickly before running away.

"Drop him, Jasp," was all he said before the guy was pulled in an alley.

We made our way over to see Jasper holding a gun to his head.

"Now, where are my things Scotty boy?" Luciano asked surprisingly calm.

Wait, what was his name?

I went on the other side of Luciano to get a better look at the guy and my blood boiled to see the pathetic excuse of a human being in front of me.

"Well, well. If it isn't Scott Gray," my voice laced in venom as I said his name.

"Ziva?" I flinched a little as he said my name.