Capitolo venticinque

It's been a week and the Russians are getting more desperate on getting me. They've been sending threats, getting worse by each passing day. Dad and Luca have been hovering dogs watching my every move. Checking my room, every morning and before I go to bed. Luca took it upon himself to sleep in my room. On the floor though. I insisted on him taking the bed but he constantly declined.

This all had me on edge and agitated, the only thing I could do to calm down was practice with mom's bow and arrow. Helps me feel close to her. Another thing, dance. It also became a thing for me and Luca. He finds me whenever I'm dancing and joins in. We've grown closer. A few kisses exchanged and lonely moments of watching TV.

"I can't do this anymore," I groaned, irritated.

"And you've lost again, Mirabella," Jasper fist pumped the air in victory. Jasper and I have been playing COD for the past three hours. And I've been losing the entire time.

"I can see that Jasper. Thank you," I replied sarcastically, shooting glares at him. He laughed at my misery.

"Don't be such a sore loser. How have you not learnt this yet? We've been playing forever," he taunted and I flipped him the bird.

"I'm leaving," I shoved the game console in his chest.

"Dad!" I screamed and I heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. I looked up and I was frozen in shock when I came face to face with two guns. Luca and Dad.

"What's going on?" Luca asked when he realized there was no threat.

"I lost the game again. But that's not the point. Can you have some of your guys follow me to the store?" I asked.

"Store for what?" Dad asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Um .... you know ....." I trailed off but he wasn't getting my drift. He wasn't used to girls when he's constantly surrounded by men all day, every day.

"Girl necessities," I whispered to him and his eyes widened in horror.

"Oh, okay," he fumbled over his words, taking his phone out of his pocket calling someone.

"I want you and Enzo to come over and follow Mirabella to the store. ASAP," he hung up after giving them the order.

"Was the scream necessary?" Luca asked.

"It got you here quicker didn't it," I pointed out and he shook his head with a smile tugging on his lips.

Around fifteen minutes later, Dad informed me that the guys were outside waiting on me and he gave me his card. That was after he made sure I had at least two knives on me. I put a bobby pin in my hair just in case. Mom always said that anything as small as a bobby pin could be used as a weapon.

Luca's POV

It's been an hour since Mira's been gone. I wanted to call but I knew she was annoyed at me for being so overprotective. I waited thirty more minutes because being her, she probably went to buy food or something.

Luciano has been worried in the first thirty minutes she's been out. Now it's been an hour and he's growing more anxious.

"Call her," he demanded.

"She isn't here yet?" Nikolas asked. He had a soft spot for her, so to hear she isn't home an hour later without a call or text, tends to get him and all of us nervous.

I called her number and it kept ringing until it went straight to voicemail. I called three more times until it picked up on the last ring.

"Mira, where are you?"

"Who is this?" A voice answered. They gave me a questionable glance and I removed it from my ear putting it on speaker.

"I'm Luca Romano, this is Mirabella's phone. Who are you?" I shot the question back at him.

"This is Dr. Morgan. I'm sorry sir but there was no one by the name of Mirabella that was admitted here. No female as a matter of fact," it was like time stopped and my brain was finding it hard to comprehend what he was saying.

"Admitted? What are you talking?"

"Sir, there was a terrible car crash and two men in the car were shot point blank. One of them, dying on the way to the hospital," he explained.

"And there was no girl in the car?" I asked to make sure it wasn't what I was thinking.

"Sir, I am looking at the names right now. No female, no Mirabella. I'm sorry," he apologized. My heart sank at his words. I hung up and tried taking a few deep breaths.

"Are you telling me, they killed two of my men and kidnapped my daughter," Luciano sneered. I had no words because he was right but neither wanted to say it because it made it sound real.

Third person's POV

It was like history repeat itself. This time the enemy got what they wanted. Luciano was too busy coming up with a plan and calling Antonio back and forth to think straight. The only thing on his mind was some Russians were going to die. He just got his daughter and she was already taking away from him.

Luca was by Luciano's side working together for the plan. He was upset but he blamed himself for not going with her. He was always by her side and the one time he gave her breathing space, they took her.

"Tell me you found her Antonio," Luciano said through gritted teeth. As soon as Tony said no, he angrily hung up the phone in his ear. If he couldn't find her, then he didn't want to hear anything else.

"We need to get her back Boss. We need to. I don't care what we have to do, but we have to," Luca said to Luciano. Luciano looked into the young man standing beside. He saw how heartbroken and scared he is. He reminded him of himself when Ziva's life was in danger.

"You love my daughter, sì,?"he asked.

"With all my heart sir," Luca didn't have to think to answer his question.

"Good, as long as you know that, then we will find her," Luciano had no idea if they would find her alive. But he was hoping she was breathing or he is going to rain down. He didn't want the same thing to happen to Luca to happen to him.

10/12/20

Au revoir....