Capitolo dieci (10)

"So have you found him?" I heard Luciano on the phone while I sat in the living room, sharpening my knives. Everyone was out scoping Italy for my uncle and his men or moving shipments of weapons or drugs across the country

"Have you checked- Dammit! Okay Antonio. Keep looking," and he hung up.

"Do you know where he is?" he stood behind the couch and asked. If I didn't hear wrong, it sounded like he was accusing me of something. I stopped what I was doing and looked at him.

"Something you want to get off your chest, Salvatore?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him, daring him to say what I think it is he was thinking.

"I can find nothing about you Ziva. No trace of your existence in this world. You show up and I found out that you're related to the bastard that is coming after me and my men," I stood up, taking my knife in hand, not believing my ears.

"What are you trying to say Salvatore?" I started to angrily spin the knife between my fingers. His eyes were watching my every move but he showed no fear and continued.

"I want to know if you're working for Gray to take me down," and there it was. In no time I was standing in front of him, looking him dead in the eye. I guess last night and this morning meant nothing because here we are back to square one.

"Did you really say what I think you said," I waited patiently for his response.

"I don't know if I can trust you Red. If you're not working with him, then maybe you're trying to take me down to get to him. What is it, am I in your way?" he asked and a smile made its way on my face.

"You think everything is about you, don't you? The great Luciano Salvatore. Well guess what, it's not. I have my own shit to deal with that I'm trying to get rid of before it hurts anybody else," I clarified and turned on my heel to walk away.

Nope, that's not good enough.

I turned back around to face him and lift my hand behind my ear and threw the knife to aim behind him in the wall. Now, that felt good. I made my way to the work out room to release some steam. I actually thought we were going somewhere. I thought we had a connection but my uncle was right. In this world, there is no place in your life for things such as love. Love can make you weak. Love can get you killed.

I don't have to worry about that because I am not in love with Luciano Salvatore.

After many hours of throwing knives and shooting arrows, exhaustion finally ran through my body and I fell to the ground to take a breath.

"I heard what happened. He didn't mean what he said. He's just being cautious. Gray has been trying to take down Salvatore for a while because he wants to be known as the world's most dangerous. With you here, it makes things complicated and messes with his head. Believe me when I say this, he trusts you, more than he cares to admit but even the best of us starts to question people's loyalty," I closed my eyes and reflected on Nikolas' words.

"With that being said, you need to take a shower. You stink," he held his nose. "It's like a garbage dump in here."

. . . . . . . . . .

"Ziva," I stiffened at the sound of his voice in the bathroom.

"I'm really sorry for what I said earlier. I-"

"You don't need to say anything. I understand your intentions," I told him, turning off the pipe and sliding away the shower curtain to reveal my body dripping wet. His pupils suddenly became dilated, he gulped hardly as his eyes were stuck on my chest. My eyes lingered to a certain something that seems a little too excited. I ran my hand over his hard friend and I felt satisfied as I heard his sharp intake of breath.

"But accuse me of something like that again and you won't have a dick to use," he licked his lips rapidly as his eyes were focused on my lips. He didn't answer, so I'm guessing he hardly heard a thing I said. So I unbuckled his belt and unbuttoned his pants to slide my hand inside past his boxers. I took a hold of it and rubbed my hand up and down slowly. I circled the tip to feel pre-cum. He started to breath heavily and I stood on my toes and leaned closely brushing my lips against his.

"Do I make myself clear, Luciano?" I asked, looking each other in the eyes and he nodded. We were interrupted by rapid knocks on the door.

"Boss, we have a problem?" Jasper's voice was heard on the other side of the door. It sounded urgent.

I removed my hand and he groaned silently. I kissed his cheek and took a towel, wrapping it around my body. His jaw clenched as his eyes ran over my body as he fixed himself.

"Okay. I'll be there in a minute," he answered and we could hear Jasper's retreating footsteps. Before I knew it, his hand was around my neck, making me look at him. There was something about this position that got me turned on.

"You don't want to start something you can't handle Red," he said in a deep, husky voice.

"I think I do," I replied, winking at him and bringing my leg around his waist to pull him against me. We stayed like this for a while until he released me and left. I smiled at the reaction I got from him.

"So what happened?" Luciano asked as soon as he came downstairs. I couldn't help but smirk at how long it took him to come down. 2 minutes and 23 seconds but who's counting.

"One of our cargos was stolen?" Jasper replied and I looked at Luciano to see that he was fuming.

"Are we sure that it was Gray?" he asked calmly, despite his jaw clenching.

"There was a note in one of the others," he handed the note but I grabbed it quickly to see what it said.

Missing something.

03/09/20

Au revoir.......