Capitolo venti (20)

Because of the incident from yesterday, Dad has tried to have me forget what happened even though deep down he knew it would only work for a short period of time. Even when I try to sleep I see her face haunting me, so I didn't bother to sleep last night. Hence why we are here in dad's huge ass gym. He says training gets your mind off things easily.

"Okay, so I heard your mom's been training you," Dad called out to me while I stood confused in the ring.

"Luca is one of my best fighters, not to mention youngest. Let's put Ziva's training to the test. Luca, you're up," Luca showed up with wrapped knuckles, smirking at me.

"Dad, are you doubting mom's skills?" I feigned disbelief, placing a hand on my chest.

"Of course not. She's called Red Blood for a reason. I'm testing your skills from all your training with her," he said and I shrugged.

"What are the rules?" I asked and he smiled. Jasper and Uncle Nik stood attentive by Dad's side.

"First one to tap out," Sounded simple enough.

"You got this Ella," I chuckled at Uncle Nik's nickname for me. His encouragement made me more confident.

"Luca, watch where your hands go or I won't hesitate to put a bullet in your head," Dad threatened.

"Dad," I groaned. I wasn't embarrassed but it was slightly funny.

"I missed 17 years, allow me to play the over protective father please," he protested and I laughed.

"By all means," I gestured for him to continue. He looked back at Luca and gave him the 'I'm-watching-you' movement with his fingers.

"Ready, Mira," I couldn't help but almost blush at the nickname, even though it was a common one by my friends. He made it sound unique.

"I should be asking you that," I raised an eyebrow at him causing him to chuckle.

"Ella, you better win, I'm betting money on you," Uncle Nik joked..

"Really, how much?" I asked him.

"20 Euros for ten minutes," he said and I looked at dad.

"10 Euros for 5 minutes," He does have alot of faith in me. Thanks Dad. I looked at Jasper.

"15 Euros for 12 minutes," That's oddly specific.

"Alright kids. One.... two ..... fight!" Dad counted off and I decided to throw the first punch.

Luca seemed to be defending himself of throwing punches. I taunted him for a while to hit and he eventually gave in. He ran towards me and I slid between his legs, swinging my legs up, wrapping them around his waist to make him fault. I was on top of him and I kept punching while he blocked. This went on forever and I was growing tired. Then all of a sudden, I saw the Russian girl's face instead of Luca's and no matter how much I tried to breathe and keep control, I was slowly losing it.

I started punching harder, I didn't realize the tears in my eyes. I was pushed off and I jumped back on my feet. Her cunning smile was irritating me, so I lunged forward. I jump kicked him in the face. Going for the kill, I wrapped my legs around his neck.

"Du hast meine Mutter getötet" I cursed in my native language and was about to snap her neck when I was pulled off. (You had my mother killed)

I fought against them trying to reach back to her so I can finish her off. She stood there laughing. That got me more upset.

"You're going to let her get away. She and her people killed mom!" I yelled at dad still trying to pull me away.

"Bella. Bella. It's not her. It's Luca. Look at me," he held my face in his palm to look at him. "Now breathe and look. It's Luca."

It was Luca. He was bleeding because of me. Guilt coursed through me and I moved away from them.

"Mira, I'm fine. It's okay," Luca assured, walking towards me but I stepped back and ran away. I ran with tears in my eyes. I stopped and slouched against a wall.

"You're a killer," she came beside me. I closed my eyes and covered my ears.

"Look! Look what you did to me! You did this!" I heard her yell and I opened my eyes to see her bloodied body with all the stab wounds in her.

"Breathe and control," I heard mom's voice echo in my head. I followed her steps and walked to my room.

I found myself taking up mom's bow and arrow and went to the practice room. Whenever I used it, I felt somewhat closer to mom.

"Killer," her voice taunted. I placed the arrow in the bow and aimed it at the target. But the woman got pierced.

No. No. She wasn't there before. Why is she doing this?

"Breathe and control."

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and aimed over and over again. She continued taunting me, calling me a killer but I ignored her.

"I'm not a killer. I'm not. It was self defense. I'm not a killer."

Luca's POV

"Damn it," I cursed under my breath. She was breaking because of me. I was supposed to be with her at all times.

But it was a lingerie store for Christ's sake. It was supposed to be safe enough. If only I had followed her in there, the blood would've been on my hands, instead of hers. She wouldn't have to go through this.

Seeing her in so much pain, it felt like my heart was ripping open. No girl had ever had me feel like this. I don't know if it's because i felt like it was my job to protect her but it hurt to see her cry. I know what it was like to have your first kill. No matter if the person was good or bad, the guilt of taking a life did something to your head. It was terrible. And to know she was going through that right now and there was nothing I could to help her, made me feel helpless.

"Luca, don't take the blame on yourself," Luciano said, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"She's mentally suffering sir because I didn't do my job," I told him.

"It would've happened either way. I would rather this happen than to know they killed her instead if she resisted," his words almost made me feel better.

"I wish I could help her but I can't," I mumbled, running a hand through my hair in frustration.

"You can. Be there for her. She's like her, so she'll try to push you away, don't let her. I'm trusting you with her Luca because I know you care about her," he said and I looked up at him shocked by his words.

A couple minutes ago he was threatening to put a bullet in my head if I touched her wrong now he was trusting his daughter to me.

"But you owe me 20 Euros for making me lose that bet," he joked, lightening the mood. It was on rare occasions, he joked around. But now that he has his daughter, he's changed drastically.

As pathetic as it sounds I really do owe me 20 Euros. I got my ass handed to me by Mirabella Salvatore in 9 minutes. I should've expected from the daughter of the leader of the Italian Mafia, Luciano Salvatore and the most feared assassin, Ziva Gray.

Our poor Mirabella suffering from slight PTSD because of her first kill. Really hope Luca is enough to have her forget. It will take a while but still. I'm sensing some developing feelings between Luca and Mirabella. And what is that, Luciano kinda giving Luca a pre-blessing to take care of and kinda pursue his daughter. Ouuuu😄🙈🙈

7/12/20

Au revoir.....