Capitolo sette (7)

"What's going on?" I questioned when I saw them suiting up in tux and preparing their weapons.

"We're going to a ceremony with all the gang leaders and some of their members. It's held every year to reassure peace but everyone knows that's a load of bullshit. It's an excuse to kiss ass with each other to find out their weaknesses," he explained and I couldn't help but admire how undeniably sexy he looked in his suit.

"Has anyone ever died?" I asked my eyes still raking over his body with his back turned to me.

"Not yet," he turned around to face with an amused smirk. "Follow me, I made sure to buy the perfect dress for this occasion."

I completely forgot that I was upset at him for yesterday but that didn't matter now because we have a mission to focus on. When I entered his room, my eyes fell upon the most beautiful dress my eyes have laid on.

 When I entered his room, my eyes fell upon the most beautiful dress my eyes have laid on

"Wow, it's beautiful," I gushed at the dresses running my hands along the material.

"You're welcome," I heard him reply and a smile formed across my lips. And in a matter of seconds, when I thought everyone was fine, my mind came across.

"When you mean every gang leader, does that mean across the world?" the thought made my stomach turn and my blood boil.

"Yes but we will be there to protect you if anything happens," he reassured using his thumb to caress my chin.

I turned the dress to the back to observe it and when I realized the back was exposed I let it go. There was no way in hell I was wearing that.

"Don't worry about your scars being exposed. You're one of the few women in this business that has survived circumstances like this and you should be proud of that. This is evidence that you are a phoenix, no matter how much they try and take you down and they probably will succeed at one point but you pull yourself back up without help. Because you are Red Blood," he spoke softly, keeping my eyes locked with his.

But little does he know that that wasn't why I asked.

"Is that your apology for yesterday?" I tilted my head with a small smile.

"Yes. Am I forgiven?" he pouted childishly and I nodded.

"Good. Quick question: Why the bow and arrow and the knife? A gun is so much more efficient?" he asked in a teasing tone.

"I don't know. My father and uncle always taught me to use the bow and arrow. My father said it was so that I wouldn't leave a trail which would lead back to me. The knife is the same. I mean, you're right about the gun but I don't have power like you where the police is afraid of you. Therefore, I used what I got," I told him while he was observing my face for any hint of emotion but I gave away none.

"At least now I know. Hurry up and get dressed, you have ten minutes," he reminded me and left. Both of us knowing that I didn't need some much time.