Capitolo ventotto (28)

It's been two days and we still haven't done anything to Dimitri and it was starting to get me agitated. To take my mind off it, Luca has been more touchy than usual but I didn't mind. Neither did dad. He surprisingly approved.

"Dad, please," I begged again.

"Not yet Bella," he answered with the same answer he's been giving me for two days.

"Why not? He's hungry and I just want to talk," I lied about the last part. He gave me a knowing look.

"You and I both know you won't just talk," I shrugged and smiled innocently.

"It's a form of talking. Please," I gave him the puppy eyes, pushing my lips forward for more effect.

"Fine," I got excited but then the door opened and I was going to ignore it until I heard the voice.

"Well damn. I was looking forward to a party or something. I hope I'm not late," How is that possible?  Am I dreaming again?

"This is definitely not a dream, Bell," they were the only person who called me that. I turned around to look at the person to be sure I wasn't hearing things.

"Ziva," Dad said.

"What are you- How are you alive?" I wasn't sure which question to ask first, so I went with the one that was more important.

"You didn't think I would allow them to kill me when I know they would come after my baby girl, did you?" She asked sarcastically. She looked so happy. Almost different than the last time I saw her.

"But the body- it was similar- I thought you-" she walked up to me with a sad smile, stroking my hair.

"That part was difficult," I laughed softly and hugged her.

"Thank you for saving me," I said because I noticed her eyes were the same as the person who freed me.

"You're welcome, honey," I missed her hugs. I never thought I would feel this again.

"Wait what?" Dad spoke. We turned to him and he looked like he was in a trance. We looked at each other and laughed.

"Luciano, how do you believe our daughter got out of there? She certainly wasn't set free," she tilted her head at him.

"Wait, you were there?" I rolled my eyes at dad's confused state.

"Are you trying to say I couldn't get out of there by myself?" I asked when I realized what she said.

"No, but looking at how things were it would've been difficult," she was right.

"By the way, we have the guy who was behind everything," I told her and her eyes lit up. "He's so annoying" I added.

"Thank God, I have a few words to say to him," we looked at each other with a similar gleam in our eyes and went to the room we kept him in, leaving dad to gather his thoughts.

Luciano's POV

She was actually here. She wasn't dead. I thought I lost her forever and here she was. Better yet, she was there with us rescuing Bella and I didn't even know. Pulling myself together, I ran to Nik's room, to see Jasper there too playing games. Good, two birds, one stone.

"Nik, Ziva is here," he didn't even look at him.

"Luciano, go and rest. You're hallucinating again," he brushed off what I said. I got frustrated and plugged the game out.

"What the hell man," Jasper exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

"Shut the hell up and follow me," I said and walking out of the room with them behind me.