Capitolo dodici (12)

"You sure you can shoot as good as you work that bow and arrow? I mean, I've only seen you shoot someone up close," Jasper teased and I laughed. We were in an open land Luciano uses when he wants to practise at a far distance. It worked in my favour for my arrows.

"Did you really think I was trained without knowing how to properly use a gun," I turned to Luciano who found the situation amusing.

"Then prove it," Jasper challenged and I raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, Jasp,  you and me," I took a random gun and loaded it. I looked at him and smirked.

"Jasper, ready?" Luciano started off.

"You should be asking her that," Jasper pointed at me and I laughed.

"Ready, Red?" Luciano asked and I nodded.

"Targets looking good down here," Nik announced about 20 ft away from us, holding his thumb.

"Don't let your ego get the better of you," I told him and waved me off. I warned you.

"Alright. Set, go!" Jasper and I started firing our bullets at the multiple cut out body targets, until we were out.

"How are they looking down there, Nik?" Luciano called to him. He brought the targets observing them with a smile.

"Jasper," he paused and Jasper shot me a I-told-you-so look.

"You should know better than to challenge Red Blood," Nik stated leaving Jasper shocked.

"Yes! In your face sucker!" I fist pumped the air, jumping up and down in victory.

"No! Let me see that," he grabbed the cut outs and inspected the bullet holes. He is so in denial.

"Okay, I accept defeat. You are Red Blood for a reason," he raised his fist for me to bump it.

"On a serious note though. I've been thinking. Why haven't Gray killed me yet?" I asked them.

"He's a psychopath, he likes the thrill, the chase, the merry-go-round, " Nik answered and I shook my head.

"That makes no sense. Salvatore, psychopath or not, if you knew one day I would come and kill you, would you train me to be the best?" I asked him.

"I would train you to be good enough but not the best," he replied and pointed at him.

"Exactly. So why did he train me the way he did? What's the game about?" I asked and none of them answered.

"Unless, it's not about him. He's not in charge," I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" Jasper asked.

"The peace treaty ball, he had the perfect opportunity to kill me then because he had the place surrounded. There was no way we could fight against him and win," I told them but they still looked confused.

"Instead he apologized then he repeated something he's been drilling into my head since I was a kid. He said 'Remember your enemies are the ones you least expect',"

"What's your point?" Nik asked.

"Isn't it obvious? While training me, my uncle made sure that I loved him yet hated him at the same time. Loved him to the point where I would thank him for the person I am but hate him for everything he's done," I explained.

"If he's not calling the shots then who is?" Luciano asked.

"I have no idea," I frowned, trying to think of anyone who would hate me that much. That would be a long list.

"That's a good theory but how are you gonna prove it?" Nik asked and I ran my hand through my hair in frustration.

"Hello?" We looked at Luciano who was on the phone. "Okay."

"What's that about?" Jasper asked.

"We're going to have to stick a pin in that theory,"

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

We were at the dock where our weapons were stolen first. We had another carton coming when Luciano got the call that there was movement lurking around the dock. They were watching our shipment, thinking we would be late, so it would be easy for them to steal it again. We scattered around the dock, to see if we could catch them. I found myself on higher ground to get a good shot. I could see them all which made my job easier.

"Ziva, what's the count?" Luciano asked in the ear piece.

"Seven. Coming at your 2:00 in 6 seconds. Nik, your 6:00 around the corner. Jasp, your 12:00 in 10 seconds. The others are controlling the crane and a ship," I told them.

"Alright, drop them," he instructed and immediately bullets were fired around the place. In 4 minutes, they were dead. For some reason, I felt like I was being watched.

"Ziva, are you okay?" I heard Luciano ask as I climbed down from my high point and made my way towards them until I was pulled to the side of one of the cartons. I started to fight back on instinct but the person could match up to me. There was only one person who could do that.

"Ziva, stop," I stopped and looked in the eyes of my uncle.

"Come to finally kill me?" I asked and I rolled my eyes.

"You know I can't kill you," he said.

"Yeah I figured that, want to tell me why?" I asked and took a step back from me.

"I didn't kill your father. You weren't there, so you believed what you heard. You came down and saw me with the gun in my hand and your mother crying. Do you remember the expression on my face?" he asked and narrowed my eyes at him.

He looked distraught and on the verge of crying while my mother held my father in her hands crying hysterically. But I never realized until now how fake her crying sounded.

"What are you saying?" I asked not believing it,

"Think about it, Ziva," he gave a pointed look and I shook my head furiously "No! That makes no sense. What would be her reason for doing that?"

"Your mother and I were always in love but she married my brother, your father so her plan would work. Your father and I are obviously twins so it worked in her favour. Instead, there was a problem, she got pregnant with you. At first you weren't a threat but everyday you trained with either me or your father, she realized that you were getting better so she got angry and started changing her plan. You were the heir to the American Mafia and she couldn't allow that. Couple years later, she got pregnant again but this time it was mine, so she had sex with your father to have him believe it was his but he already knew the truth. Your mother craved power and because she couldn't stand being just the wife of the leader of the American Mafia, she killed him and framed me. That's why I trained you to be the best, so you could be beat her. Your mother is smarter than you think," he explained and fear course through my body. Fear for the life of my sister.

"She won't hurt Beatrice because she's the proof of the love between you and her," he nodded.

"Where is she?" I asked feeling the need to rip someone's tonsils out.

"She's at-" gunshots was heard and my uncle stood there frozen. He got shot in the back twice.

"No, no, no. Uncle!" I screamed for him to not die. But I was too late. I looked up in the direction the gunshot was heard and saw someone standing at a far point with a rifle watching the scene. I took my bow and arrow and shot hoping to restrain him.

"Ziva? Ziva! What's going on? Are you hurt?" Luciano's frantic voice was shouting in my ear.

"No, but someone will be if I don't get answers," I told him.

Plotwisssstttttttt!!!!!!! Who would expect that?

18/11/20

Au revoir.....