二十七 - Spice

Ch.27 - Spice

The sun beat down on the students who were soaked with water, head to toe; some definitely had watering their eyes. The water fight had ended and Midoriya and Iida won, much to Katsuki and Mimi's distaste. Though, next on the agenda was a water slide down a hill, a very steep hill. 

At this point no one cared whether they got wet anymore, why should one have to worry? It's good to have fun sometimes. 

Down the hill was a plastic mat which was being wetted with a hose-pipe and soap. Mimi just knew that someone was going to get hurt, but who would that be? The bubbles travelled down the long slide like clouds across the sky, the water cool compared to the temperature outside. 

Once the coaches deemed the slide wet enough, the first person was allowed to go down. Mimi didn't even hesitate to push past everyone and slide down, jumping onto the slide as if it were a bouncy castle. It was not a bouncy castle. The initial impact of jumping did hurt her thigh, but she didn't care. As she went down, water splashed in her face and she let out a few chuckles. 

When was the last time she went down a water slide? Mimi couldn't remember, but the exhilarating feeling was still there. The feeling of going down a hill really fast while being blinded by water, is this what skiing felt like? Well she knew what that felt like, her family always took ski trips to France every year, her dad and sister always being the best.

Rather quickly Mimi made it to the bottom of the slide where there was a puddle of water forming, and well, it was like the end of a log flume ride. Katsumi got soaked, her whole body absolutely drenched. She forced herself to stop and stand up so the person behind her could go, and ouch. She definitely had a friction burn of some sort on her back  and thigh, but the fun was totally worth it.

She walked back up the hill, hair dripping like a cloud full of rain. And while Mimi was wiping her eyes, Mina asked "Was it good?"

"Yeah." Katsumi chuckled. Then she turned around and the others gasped.

"Mimi why is your back so red?" Momo asked, concern lacing her tone.

"I don't know! I think some parts of the slide aren't wet." Mimi said, walking bare-foot along the luscious green grass UA kept in top shape to get her water bottle. 

Katsumi's back had a large friction burn on the back, stopping at her sports top, it was about as wide as a phone. For her leg, the underside of her thigh was also red. It wasn't as bad as it could be, just red like a rash. It shouldn't scar. Either way, one of the coaches put some burn cream on it. The burns themselves stung, but nothing major. More and more people began going down the slide, them not getting burned seeing as Katsumi was the lab rat.

Oh well, at least Mineta and Aoyama are buying dinner.

-----

Yep, everyone kept bugging the two losers about that. This lead to all of class 1A sat in a ramen place, only their hair still wet as thankfully they all had a change of clothes. For all 20 people to fit, there was quite a large table for them.

 One of the recommended dishes was a chilli curry. There were five levels, of course this lead to something.

"I bet I can eat a spicier curry than you." Katsumi announced to Katsuki. He looked her dead in the eye, anger yet determination present in his eyes, the warm light of the restaurant making his eyes an ever deeper shade of red.

"Oh really?" Katsuki growled. By now everyone was watching the duo, wanting to see how this would turn out. 

"Yep, get level 5 chilli curry and then we'll find out." She said drinking from her water with a smug look on her face. Of course she had no idea how spicy this thing could be, but if she couldn't handle it, neither could he.