二十一 - Weird Way of Training

Ch.21 - Weird Way of Training

The wind was obstructed by the building, keeping those inside away from the howling wind. The day was a windy one, the trees occasionally swaying from the force. Leaves were being blown around on grass, streets, in the lakes, anywhere the eye could see. The clouds up about were a grey colour, darker and lighter shades splattered about here and there with the natural blue sky peeping through occasionally.

The weather seemed to make the day have a boring tone, though two people weren't bored. They were rather excited to see what their new trainer would set up for them. The duo hadn't actually used any of the gymnasiums yet, their homeroom teacher never training them in such places. But they gymnasium they were in now, seemed to be rather nice, the floor being made with a shiny maple wood.

But what shocked the duo the most so far, was the contraption stood in front of them. It was an obstacle course for sure, but the obstacles themselves looked like a trampoline park and a circus meshed together. Things like these always made Katsumi think, what goes through other people's heads to create things like these.

"Okay so, I know this might look a little crazy but it's an obstacle course.-" Sora began "- Both of you'll be doing this until you get a time under 17 seconds-" It didn't look that hard, so 17 seconds? Seriously."-, take turns. I'll show you which way to go."

The obstacle course began with a run and jump over a wall which looked to be about 3 feet tall, then a turn where the person would have to crawl under a bar, after this was a block that looked to be about 1 meter high which the person would have to jump onto to continue course. After this was swinging on a bar over a gap , then there were ladders on the floor which a person would have to only put one foot in and run through, then a run the finish line.

Simple, in theory, the execution was awful. Bakugo went first for god knows what reason, and he started of okay.

He vaulted over the wall with ease, his height coming in handy. Then he had to crawl under the bar, and that went............. well, interesting. He could go through, but his butt got stuck and he had to pull himself from under. Katsumi cackled at his actions, crying with laughing and doubled over. After he un-stuck himself, he jumped onto the block, again with ease. He proceeded to jump onto the bar and swing over onto the final section. Who knew that someone so athletic was so clumsy. This is proven when Bakugo tripped over a ladder (which wasn't even an inch in height), and fell flat on his face.

Katsumi was struggling to breathe at this point, her core muscles getting a work out. Sora was struggling to hold in a laugh as Bakugo peeled himself off of the wooden floor and just walked back over to Katsumi, who was still laughing.

"Umm okay, that was something." Sora laughed.

"Shut up before I murder you." Bakugo said, taking a drink from his bottle. Katsumi's face was red from laughing, her looking like a tomato. 

"Okay, Saino your go." Sora said to Katsumi.

Katsumi got up somehow calming down from her laughing state, yet still having the after effects of a laugh present; her face in a big smile, which it isn't normally. She walked over to the start and waiting for Sora to say go.

"Go!"

Katsumi began to run up to the wall and barely vaulted over, barely. She then was able to crawly under the bar, her butt not getting stuck unlike Bakugo's. Now Katsumi had to jump onto the block............ well. This jump was higher than the other one. One thing to consider is that Katsumi can do high jump, pretty well at that. So tell me why she complete failed at the simple standing boxy jump?