34

3rd Person Pov:

"I'll distract Mama." whispered Emma to Norman. "Please, run." His eyes widened as he realized what she was about to do. Right before she could press the button to destroy his tracking device, Norman pushed her to the side, so that she wouldn't land on her broken leg and hurt it even more. The other children were silent, watching the scene in front of them. (Y/N) was quick to react and kneeled down next to Emma, grabbing the device and hiding it from everyone's view. "E-Emma..." she said, looking at the orange haired girl with sad eyes. Emma slowly got up, as Norman said: "Idiot! I know you're reckless, but this is too far, Emma! This isn't what you should be doing right now!" "Shut up! I won't let you go!" yelled Emma back. (Y/N) nodded her head, saying: "We don't want you to leave, Norman." Norman said: "Why can't you understand? I'm not wishing for any of that. I just want you to send me off with a smile." (Y/N)'s (e/c) eyes widened. She said it before. One of the things she regrets the most is that she was smiling every time one of her siblings wandered off to their death. She slowly shook her head, backing away from him. Norman only said: "Please understand how I feel." Emma grabbed his hand, saying: "No. I just can't respect those feelings! Especially if you don't even want to go!" At this, Norman teared up. He silently said: "You're crazy, Emma. Reckless and unreasonable. Naive and immature. But honest. That's why... That's why I..." He reached out for her, but stopped once a hat was placed on his head. "It's time, Norman." said their Mama, smiling like usual. "Okay, Mama." was all he said before getting up. "W-Wait!" called Emma, to no use. "Emma, please calm down. I understand that you're sad, but you're getting too hotheaded." said Isabella. She then kneeled down next to Emma, whispering: "If you cause another commotion, I'll kill you." Emma's green eyes widened. "Give up." Slowly but surely, Emma dropped her arms, looking at the wooden floor of the House.

Norman stood in front of (Y/N), hesitating. He knew what he said. And he knew very well what she didn't want to do anymore. He slowly hugged her one last time, whispering: "Please. I don't want my last memory of you being one where you're crying." (Y/N)'s eyes widened slightly. She hugged back, whispering: "Can't you still run?" He merely shook his head, saying: "I'll miss you. Goodbye, (Y/N). Tell Ray that I'll miss him, too, okay?" "O-Okay." She then said: "Ah! Wait here, please." He did so, watching as she went to Gilda, who held her sketchbook. Gilda opened it for her, then asked: "This one?" (Y/N) nodded, watching as Gilda carefully ripped the picture out. She handed it to (Y/N), who immediately went back to Norman. She gave it to Norman, finally smiling slightly, saying: "I-I finished it. The sketch you wanted to see once I finished it. I want you to take it." His blue eyes widened as he said: "(Y/N), I can't-" But she cut him off: "I want you to keep it. That way, you'll never forget us." Norman smiled sadly at her, taking the piece of paper. He looked at it, his smile growing. It was a sketch of all four of them. Emma, (Y/N), Ray, and himself. He was always eager to see how it would turn out, but this was way better than he expected. "Thank you... Thank you so much." With that, he went to pick up Emma's crutches. "Mama, is it all right... if I say my last goodbye to Emma?" asked Norman.

Isabella turned to him, smiling, saying: "Yes, of course. Come, Emma." She helped Emma up, and Norman took her hand, saying: "Emma. Thank you. I'm sorry for tricking you." She merely hummed, still looking at the ground. "Don't get anymore injuries, okay?" "Mhm." "And don't get reckless." "Mhm." "Eat properly, okay?" "Mhm." "I'm leaving the rest to you." "Mhm." With that, he hugged her, saying: "It'll be okay. Don't ever give up." Emma couldn't hold back her tears anymore.

As Isabella and Norman walked towards the door, Norman spotted Ray. He leaned on the railing, glancing down at Norman, who smiled up at him. He was glad that his best friend was telling him his silent goodbye. "Ray, keep (Y/N) safe for me, okay?" he asked, receiving a slight nod from the raven haired male. With that, Norman left the House with their Mama.

Norman Pov:

While I was walking with Mama, she said: "Your suitcase is empty." I said: "Yeah, almost. Because no matter what I put in, I can't take it with me." "You wouldn't have ever ran away. I knew it from the beginning. It's praiseworthy. You're doing the right thing. Now I can ship out Ray, Emma, and (Y/N) when they're mature." I asked: "Until the end of the time that was decided, happily inside home, right?" "Yes. Spending a happy lifetime." I asked: "I was wondering. Why would you get to choose between me and (Y/N) to get shipped out this time?" Mama closed her eyes, answering: "Because you're both very smart. You know that your intelligence is greater than any of the others. But you also don't know that you've been underestimating (Y/N) all those years." I looked at her in a questioning way, waiting for her to continue, which she did: "She's a little genius herself. She had Full Scores ever since turning three." Three? That soon? Right, now that I think about it... She always had Full Scores. Even when I didn't, she had. "But now she'll get to spend the rest of her time with her family. Living happily until the end." I hesitated, then asked: "Hey... are you happy, Mama?" That question clearly surprised and shocked her. But then, she calmed down, saying: "Yes. I am happy. Because I was able to meet someone like you."

Once we arrived at the gate, it opened. I kept my eyes on the truck, the same one Conny was in. I walked up to it, preparing for what was supposed to happen. "This way." I turned to look at Mama. "Can you wait in this room for a little bit?" I didn't have to answer. She opened it and we got in. My eyes widened at what I saw. Then, the door closed behind me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/6685099433267228/