100

Hello, everyone!

This is chapter 100 of this book! Woohoo!

In case you haven't gotten the notification, this is a double-update.

I published a special today, too, so feel free to read it!

Now, enjoy reading!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

Staring at the heavily injured man, (Y/N) lowered her weapon, saying: "I can't... I can't do it." Andrew began laughing, yelling: "Idiots! Damn idiots! I'm the one who's alive! Heaven is on my side!"

Hearing gunshots, Andrew was utterly confused. It even took him a second to realize that he had been shot. Oliver had pulled the trigger three times, hitting his shoulder, arm, and hand precisely.

The others, of course, didn't want to lose their opportunity to march forward, so they did. They ran at him, with Zack running out of his hiding spot, too, calling out to the young girl. "Alicia, here!" She cried, relieved that she had been saved.

"Damn it..." trailed Andrew off, glaring at the kids. Emma made her way towards one of her siblings, Dominic, who was still on the ground, being in too much pain for him to handle.

Andrew noticed this, and began running. "I'll trample him to death!" he yelled, about to stomp on the poor, innocent boy. (Y/N), however, had no intentions of ever letting that man harm any member of her family ever again.

So, she aimed her smaller gun at him, immediately pulling the trigger.

"There's no need for you kids to carry that burden. Leave it to the grown ups." That's what Yuugo had said. And Ray had told her: "(Y/N), I know you. You won't be able to comprehend what you did once you shoot a human." 

She remembered their words oh so clearly. And yet, she shot at him anyways. 'I've already decided to carry this burden a long time ago.' she thought, watching how Andrew stumbled back, a new wound now in the middle of his forehead.

He fell to the ground, leaving a bunch of wide-eyed children behind. "What... (Y/N)...?" asked Emma, her green eyes staring right into (Y/N)'s. Instead of answering, she put her gun back into its holster on her belt, saying: "He's won't harm anyone anymore."

Grabbing her shoulders, Yuugo began shaking her rather violently. "Why did you kill him?! That's not something a child should do!" he asked her, his voice quite loud. Her expression was still neutral, and she said: "I killed him because he was about to kill Dominic."

Yuugo stopped in his movements, taking in a deep breath. "You- I didn't know you could be so... so stupid." he said, shaking his head in disapproval. "Honestly... Lucas and Ray are gonna be mad at me for letting you kill him." he said, sighing. "Anyways, let's head back."

"Watch out!" called Emma, quickly grabbing Dominic. She pulled him with her, starting to run immediately. A Demon had appeared and pounced towards Andrew's corpse. It began eating him, and the rest of the children began sprinting, with Yuugo yelling: "Now's our chance, run!"

Time skip: back in the undergrounds

Ray Pov:

So many children have died because of them. Because of that man. I tightened my hands into fists, looking down at the dead children that the others brought back. On top of that, Dominic was shot in the leg, while Don was shot in the shoulder.

I looked up, meeting a pair of (e/c) eyes. But she quickly turned her head away. Something definitely happened up there. I got Yuugo's attention, then motioned him to follow me. He did so, and we went around a corner, where I could ask him about what had happened.

"So? What happened?" I asked, getting straight to the point. He let out a sigh, running a hand through his hair. "Your girlfriend went and pulled a seriously stupid stunt." he said, looking down at me.

I asked: "What did she do?" "She killed him." he stated, causing me to stop breathing for a moment, just processing what he was telling me. "(Y/N)... killed Andrew?" I asked, just to clarify.

Nodding, he leaned his back against the wall, saying: "I told her that it was stupid, but I couldn't stop her. She was the one who killed him." "This is... Now I get why she's acting the way she is." I muttered out, quickly walking away, heading towards where I thought (Y/N) was currently at.

But she wasn't there. "Emma, did you see (Y/N) anywhere?" I asked her, to which Emma said: "I'm not sure, but I think she went that way." She pointed to her left, and I quickly went there, saying: "Thanks."

After walking for a few minutes, I was able to hear quiet sobbing. I immediately knew it was her, so I turned a corner, watching how she sat on the ground, hugging her knees to her chest. I let out a quiet sigh, sitting down next to her.

"I heard of what you did. And I told you you shouldn't do it. I knew you'd be crying non-stop afterwards." I scolded, glancing over at her. She didn't lift her head, instead, she said: "I-I knew what I was doing, but... When I pulled the t-trigger, it felt like the right thing to do."

She looked at me, tears rolling down her reddened cheeks, saying: "B-But now... I-I... What have I done?" I gently placed a hand on her cheek, saying: "Hey, calm down. It's alright. Thanks to you, that murderer was stopped and he couldn't kill anyone else."

"I was so used to killing Demons that I lost track of the line. I-I'm afraid that... that I won't know what's right and what's wrong anymore." she breathed out, closing her eyes. "(Y/N)." I said, causing her to look at me. Then, I kissed her lips, before putting my forehead onto hers.

"The fact alone that you regret what you did, that you're sitting here, crying, is evidence enough that you still know what's right. You killed him because you wanted to protect our family. And that's fine. I would've done the same." I told her, wiping some of her tears away.

She took a deep breath, saying: "You're too kind. I don't deserve you, really." I chuckled, kissing her once more. "Like I ever deserved you." She cracked a smile, placing her arms around my neck, hugging me tightly.

"Thank you, Ray. I don't know what I would do without you. I'm so glad that you're my boyfriend." she said, causing my cheeks to take a reddish color. Smiling lightly, I said: "Same here, love."

I then stood up, pulling her with me, saying: "Now, let's go see if Emma managed to shoot the right owl." "Owl? What owl?" she asked, wiping the last of her tears away. I began walking, intertwining our hands, answering: "The one I told her to shoot."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.zerochan.net/2793900