151

(Y/N) Pov:

"Emma!" We looked to the side, watching as Mujika and Sonju ran up to us. "Mujika!" replied Emma, the sadness still on her face. We were all still sad. We just lost our mother, after all. And so close to our freedom, too. She went to tell our demonic friends what had happened, probably wanting to speak to someone else about it without causing more sadness.

Mujika held both of her hands as she said: "I see. I'm so sorry about your mother..." Ray tightened his grip on my hand, causing me to look up at him. His eyes were still puffy, as were mine.

I leaned closer to him, quietly saying: "It's gonna be okay. We're almost ready to leave." His dark green eyes met mine before he smiled a little, saying: "I know. Thank you."

"(Y/N) will implement it tonight." said Emma, gaining my attention. I looked over at her, a questioning gaze on my face. She motioned towards Mujika, saying: "The promise." "Ah, that. Yes, we'll leave tonight."

Mujika nodded, saying: "Good. The sooner, the better. Let me see it through. As a friend and as the queen." "Of course." I said, smiling lightly at her. Lanni asked: "But where and how are you supposed to implement the promise?" "Right below Grace Field." answered Emma for me, pointing at the ground.

3rd Person Pov:

Once they had all made it to the pond with golden water beneath the former farm, the children all stared in awe. The ones that had never seen this sight before, that is.

"An island gloating above golden water..." trailed Oliver off, glancing over at Violet, who stood next to him. She nodded, saying: "Just like the underground lake at Goldy Pond." "Stairs?" asked Thoma, still staring in awe.

A sister asked: "What is this place?" To that, Norman answered: "I've heard of it. The passageway the Ratri clan used to come and go as well as to transport goods." Taking a jar out of her backpack, (Y/N) said: "I'll use this water to tell 「 」that I want to implement the promise. After that, we can leave."

She placed the jar on the ground, then took a certain kind of flower out from the side pocket of her backpack. Jemima asked: "Tell? How? Are you going to the seven walls again?" "Oh, no, I'm just-"

However, she was cut off by Phil. He looked up at her with glossy eyes, having just realized something. "What about the reward?" Hearing this, everyone got quiet, listening closely.

"Will everything be okay? You have to give a reward, right? (Y/N) you're... you're going to be able to go to the human world too, right?" As soon as he asked that, most of the kids had a worried look on their faces.

Norman looked at his dear little sister, observing her expression and movement in order to figure out if she was going to lie. With a small smile, she placed a hand onto Phil's head, ruffling through his hair.

"Of course I'm going, too." she replied, fond that he still cared so much about her. "Really? You're not going to die or stay in this world or anything like that for sure?" asked Phil, wanting only confirmation.

"For sure. All of us- the children, the adults, the sisters- will survive and go to the human world." she confirmed, watching as tears threatened to spill from his eyes. "Then what was the reward?! What's the price we're paying to go to the human world?"

Hearing this question, (Y/N) thought back to her encounter with 「 」. Her whole face was suddenly bright red as she lifted her hand up, pointing at the raven haired boy a bit behind her.

Completely taken back by her indication, Ray slowly pointed at himself, asking: "Me...?" (Y/N) nodded her head, embarrassed that she had to finally admit it.

"What?!" asked a majority of the kids, all of their eyes wide. "We can't leave Ray behind!" called Thoma out, grabbing Lanni by the shoulders and shaking him back and forth.

"W-We're not going to, obviously. I would never." said (Y/N), quickly adding: "「 」said that he's the most important to me, but he can't take him, because he's coming to the human world with us."

"Then..." trailed Phil off, tilting his head a little to the side. Smiling lightly, (Y/N) said: "「 」said he didn't a reward this time."

...

...

...

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! NO FREAKING WAY!" "So all of us can go to the human world, without exception, and alive?!" "It's impossible that there is no reward! Spill it!"

Taken back by their sudden loud voices, the young girl stepped back a little, stuttering: "Th-That's what I th-thought, too..." "Then what did he say?" asked Yuugo, growing more and more suspicious.

"He said we cattle children have suffered for the last 1'000 years, and those years would be the price. 'You have entertained me in various ways, so that's enough.', he had told me." she explained, holding her hands up as to defend herself.

Emma looked at her best friend, her gut telling her that (Y/N) was still hiding something. She had avoided to talk about the reward until now, claiming that she wasn't permitted to until right before she would implement it.

"Really?" asked Yvette, with Lanni saying: "I mean, if there's no need for a reward, that's great, but..." "No, something's off. It's too good to be true." stated Ray, despising the fact that he knew that he was probably right.

"(Y/N), if it's a deal that you have to sacrifice yourself, we'll just have to remain in this world." said Norman, trying once more to make her spill whatever she was hiding. Yuugo joined in on the discussion, saying: "I swear, if you're not going to the human world, I'll get back here and drag your ass over."

"I'm not lying!" said (Y/N), having to raise her voice just a little. "I don't want to stay here, especially without any of you. I'm not being sacrificed. We're all going to the human world. No one gets left behind."

"...Really really?" asked Phil quietly, to which (Y/N) nodded, replying: "Really really." With that, the kids broke out in cheers, happy that no one has to stay behind.

Grabbing her wrist, Ray said: "It still doesn't make sense to me. That 「 」could never..." She looked into his eyes, sadness and regret lingering in hers for a mere second. "It's gonna turn out fine. I'll be okay." she told him.

"Maybe it is true, after all. Maybe the human world isn't peaceful. Even if it is, there's still a lot we have to worry about. Are they going to accept us? And what about the seizures Norman and the others have? The future may not always be bright. Maybe that's why there was no reward." thought Emma out loud, wanting to support her friend, even if she herself had some doubts.

Smiling at her best friend, (Y/N) said: "Let's do this. If we're all together, we can do anything." "Let's go!" cheered the others, watching as (Y/N) went to implement the promise.

She carefully cut her hand, letting her blood drip into the jar with golden water. Then, she placed the flower in it, watching it bloom. Once she stood back up, she said: "Here we go."

For a moment, it was like she was pulled into another world. She was suddenly face to face with 「 」, who simply asked: "Ready?" Nodding, she answered: "Yes, we're ready."

Back where she was, she suddenly threw her arms around her fiancee, hugging him tightly. The golden water began to rise, floating around the underground. The stairs were growing longer and longer, causing the children's eyes to widen once more.

While Emma said her goodbyes to Mujika and Sonju, (Y/N) shut her eyes. She said: "I love you, Ray. Please don't search for me." He wanted to say something, but before he could do so, she had placed her lips onto his, kissing him.

And within the next moment, everything turned white.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://krita-artists.org/t/the-promised-neverland-fanart/48527