130

3rd Person Pov:

Staring at the strange constellation before them, Emma asked: "What is this?" Deep in thought, (Y/N) mumbled: "It could me a black hole. No, it's so small. A worm hole? But that would mean that it would be connected to some other place. Is this..."

She looked over at Emma, who nodded, seemingly knowing what she was going to say next. "It'll be okay. 「 」is definitely past here." said Emma, sharing a knowing glance with her best friend.

They each held their hands, with Ray saying: "There's no going back now. Let's go." "Mhm." "Yeah!" said the other two, all of them reaching for the black hole, ready to face whatever they needed to face in order to change their fate.

-

Opening his eyes, Ray was confused. He jumped up, looking at his surroundings, failing to find his two friends. "Ray?" asked Anna, standing by the door with Lani and Thoma. Even more confused, he asked: "Anna? This is... the hideout?"

Then, he grabbed Lani by his collar, shaking him rather harshly, loudly asking: "Are you real?!" "Huh?!" Lani backed off, too overwhelmed to say anything at all. Suddenly, Ray started running, with the others following him.

"Oi! What time is it?! What's the date?! What happened to (Y/N) and Emma?!" he asked out loud, not sure if he could ever get an answer to that last question.

-

Standing on a dark ocean-like ground, Emma looked up at the bright, beautiful sky. She then looked over at the dragon that flew past her, spotting a humanoid creature in the distance, seemingly approaching her.

The creature shrunk in size, and eventually began floating. Then, it spoke up. "We meet at last, Emma." The orange haired girl, as courageous as ever, said: "I made sure to come from the entrance this time, 「 」."

"Well, I said so, right? 'There is nothing, yet everything.' I knew you'd come here." said 「 」. "What about Ray and (Y/N)?" asked Emma, noticing the absence of her close friends. The creature in front of her spoke up.

"It's okay. That boy went back to his family. He wasn't able to make it here. He only had a little bit to go, too. He's still being confined. But the walls are his own mind. He could understand things with his head, but he wasn't able to go beyond that. In other words, you must free yourself. Free your world." it said.

"And (Y/N)?" Chuckling, 「 」said: "Oh, her. She's a very interesting being. She was here before you. By now, she should be reunited with that boy. She also asked me to deliver a message to you"

A bit taken back by his words, Emma stared intensely at him, waiting for him to utter the message her best friend left for her. "She said 'Emma, whatever you do, trust me. I will free us all. No matter what.'"

After a bit of hesitation on Emma's side, 「 」asked: "So, what have you come here for?" Thinking it all over once more, Emma said: "I've come to reforge the 'promise'. But it seems like (Y/N) already did so. Can I still change it?"

"No." answered 「 」, much to Emma's shock. "Eh?! B-But... What did she give you as reward? Was it that high of an offer?!" she asked, her green eyes wide. 'She probably did the same thing I would have done. No, I'm sure she did. I'm sure she offered herself up in order to save everyone else.' she thought.

Then, it clicked in her head. "Wait, can I add something to her promise?" "If you can give me a reward of at least the same value that (Y/N) promised me, then yes." answered 「 」 honestly. Emma quietly asked herself: "What would (Y/N) 100% do once we got to the human world? She would... Oh, I got it now!"

-

Sitting up, (Y/N) placed her hands onto her face, asking: "Is this real now?" She slowly got up, looking around. She easily recognized her surroundings, sighing heavily. "I see. I'm back. And it went all according to my plan." she muttered out, a sad smile on her face.

Hearing quick footsteps rushing past the room she was currently in, she opened the door, peeking out. "R-Ray! Please calm down first!" called Anna after the raven haired boy, who was still running, easily 'escaping' the other three.

"Ah, Ray? You're already back?" asked (Y/N), which he luckily heard. He stopped dead in his tracks, immediately turning around to face her. "(Y/N)? You're... You're back, too?" he asked her, stepping closer to her.

Nodding her head, she gave him a sweet, bright smile, saying: "I am!" Then, she ran at him, basically jumping into his open arms, adding: "I missed you so, so much! It was so scary facing 「 」all alone."

"So you made it that far?" asked Ray, embracing his fiancée. She nodded once more, answering: "I did. He said it was by chance that I got to him first, and Emma would be after me. But you didn't make it because you couldn't free your mind completely."

"I see. So that's why..." trailed Ray off, sighing softly. "Anyways, did you forge a new promise?" Closing her eyes, (Y/N) listened to the calm heartbeat of her lover, replying: "Yeah, I did." "What about the reward?" "I took care of that, too. Luckily, it's nothing major, so everything turned out how I thought it would."

(Y/N) then asked: "What date is it? And what about Norman?" "It's November 7th, 2047, three hours after I came back. Norman's group has already went off to the royal capital. Don and Gilda are outside searching for Sonju and Mujika. And the extinction plan seems to be progressing favorably."

Sighing in relief, (Y/N) said: "That's... Everything's going just how I thought it would. Oh, and don't worry about Sonju and Mujika. I told Don and Gilda that Norman would probably send them to search for the two of them. And I also befriended Ayshe, who's their bodyguard for this mission. She's really skilled with weapons and a really nice girl."

"Ayshe... Is that that blonde girl with the braid? I've never heard her talk before." noted Ray. (Y/N) answered: "Yes, she is. And she never talked because she hates Norman and his group. They killed her father, and she pretended not to understand them in order to get closer to strike. But I managed to keep everything under control. Now, we just have to wait for Emma and ask her if she changed anything about the promise I made."

Placing a light kiss onto her forehead, Ray said: "You're seriously amazing. You managed to do all that in the spawn of a few days, all while dealing with Norman. I'm so glad that you're on our side."

Quite taken back by his sudden actions, (Y/N) blushed a deep shade of red, stuttering: "B-But you- you can't just... I-I wasn't prepared for..." In the end, she hid her face in his chest, causing him to chuckle, saying: "I know, I know. But teasing you is so easy, love~"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/815573813800417227/