73

3rd Person Pov:

It was nighttime in Goldy Pond. The children were sleeping more or less peacefully in their beds. Except for (Y/N). She sat up, sighing lightly. As silent as she could, she got out of bed, then went to the small window that was in the room.

Glancing once at the sleeping Emma, she opened the window, the cold wind immediately hitting her face. Letting out a long sigh, she stared up at the sky, deep in thought. She was certain that those Demons would try to surprise them by attacking sooner, and she knew it would happen the next day.

While she did help to improve the strategy that Oliver and the rest had made, she also made another plan. Her plan b. It was reckless, but definitely worth it. If worse came to worse, and they couldn't kill all the Demons, she would have to set her plan b in motion.

"I'll tell Oliver tomorrow." she muttered out, yawning. She planned to tell the plan to Oliver, rather than Emma. Knowing her, she'd refuse her plan right away. Stretching one last time, she went back into bed, closing her eyes in hopes to catch at least a few hours worth of sleep.

Time skip: the next day

(Y/N) Pov:

"And? Does it look good?" asked Emma, showing me her new outfit. I nodded, saying: "It looks great!" She was wearing a red shirt, a short-sleeved, yellow jacket with a light green collar, a pair of jeans, and her brown boots.

She tried to tie her hair in a way that it would cover up her missing ear, but failed once. I chuckled, asking: "Need any help?" Sighing lightly, she nodded, saying: "Yes, please."

I tied it just like she wanted to, saying: "There. Is it okay?" Emma nodded, a smile on her lips. "Thank you, (Y/N)." "No problem." I told her, smiling, too.

I then took a look at the mirror, just to check if my outfit was okay, too. I was wearing a black tank top, a (f/c) jacket that I kept open, a blue skirt, and my brown boots. Oh, and a brown belt around my waist, where I can put my guns.

(Doesn't have to be a skirt. Could be a pair of jeans or something, too. I just thought it fit her character :))

"You look great, too." said Emma, patting my shoulder. "Thank you." I said, smiling slightly. Then, I asked: "Hey, Emma?" she hummed, looking at herself in the mirror, admiring how perfect her hair covered up her wound.

I looked to the ground, asking: "D-Do you think that Ray and Mister are alright?" She turned to look at me, sighing lightly. Then, she smiled, saying: "(Y/N), you don't have to worry about them. Mister was here before. They're probably already on their way here."

"You think so?" I asked her. She nodded, smiling brightly. "Of course! Ray would never leave any of us behind, especially not you." "You're right. Thank you, Emma." "Now, let's go grab a bite to eat before we start training." she announced, walking towards the door. I smiled lightly, following her.

Time skip: about two hours later

3rd Person Pov:

Emma was aiming her gun, pulling the trigger. She hit the target right in the middle, making Sandy whistle. It was quite impressive to see her hitting the target spot on every time she shot. They knew they could rely on her.

(Y/N) did rather great, too. She still struggled with the recoil of each shot, but was getting better and better with each time she pulled the trigger. "You're getting better!" said Emma, smiling proudly at her best friend.

The (h/c) haired girl returned the smile, saying: "Th-Thank you. Can you shoot once more? I'd like to watch again." Emma nodded, proceeding to do what she was asked to. (Y/N) kept her eyes on Emma's every movement, seeming to analyze every little thing.

"Did that help?" asked the orange haired girl, looking over at the shy girl. (Y/N) nodded, a confident expression on her face. "I think I got it." she said, lifting the gun op. She was quick to aim, pulling the trigger just as fast.

Emma's green eyes widened slightly before she smiled brightly, saying: "You did it! That's amazing, (Y/N)!" Said girl put the gun back down, a proud look on her face. "I really... I really did it." she said to herself, smiling.

Oliver ruffled through her (h/c) hair, saying: "You did good. Now we're even better off against them." (Y/N) nodded, a light blush appearing on her cheeks from all of the compliments.

Zack said: "We're done with our part of the preparations." "And you? Did you find some weapons suitable for you, Emma, (Y/N)?" asked Sonya, walking up to the two girls. Emma showed her the two weapons, saying: "Yes. I think I can handle these two."

Nodding, (Y/N) said: "I-I'll be taking m-my handguns from the shelter, and this one." She had the two smaller guns placed securely in a belt around her waist, while she held the same type of gun that Emma had.

"This looks really great." noted Zack, looking at the targets the escapees had shot at. Emma then asked: "You all... already know how to kill them, right?" Zack answered: "Yes, we do." "But they have no idea that we know how to destroy them for good... Nor that we will." added Sandy, a determined expression on his face.

Sonya said: "As far as they can tell, we're just small game running about helplessly... And we made sure they'd think that way. Only fight in self-defense, look only after yourself, and acquire information at any cost."

She eyed the gun she held, continuing: "All this time, we've been preparing our counterattack in secret. And yes, for the sake of this goal, we've lost comrades." Emma and (Y/N) shared a quick glance, both of them praying that they wouldn't lose another life during the fight.

"Lucas' experience and our improvements are both hard-won. They're what we have left from our friends and families, from those he lost, and those we did. It all comes down to this plan. We know very well how strong our enemy is. But still, we will win." stated Sonya, nodding once.

Zack said: "Right-o. Though y'all gotta take them seriously, d'you hear? Especially that one guy. Archduke Leuvis." (Y/N) perked up at the mention of that name. Sonya asked: "Did they tell you about Luca's friends yet?"

Emma just shook her head, so Sandy went to tell them. "His original group did manage to stand up against them. For a while. Lucas' best pal was chosen as their leader, and he did well in that role. They handled their weapons to great effect, and were super strategic in defense and evasion." "And so, they survived in this hunting park without losing a single life."

"They were an awesome team!" added Sonya. Zack said: "They were on a whole 'nother level." Sandy continued: "But the instant they caught Leuvis' eyes... They were annihilated." Emma's expression turned into a shocked one.

She knew that both Lucas and Mister survived, but that the rest all died to Leuvis? The very same Leuvis that was now after her best friend, (Y/N)? That couldn't be true. If that's the case, then... In that moment, Emma made a promise to herself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/664281013790702419/