97

Hello, everyone!

We're nearing chapter 100, and I wanted to ask if you guys would like a special for that very special occasion. Maybe I could even update more than one chapter?

If you have any ideas, just post them here and I'll figure something out!

Now, enjoy this chapter!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Emma Pov:

What is this feeling? Like something really bad happened... Taking a sip of water, I tried to shrug it off. The other children, besides me, Oliver, and Paula are asleep, which is great! I'm glad that at least they can rest. But...

"(Y/N), you promised..." I muttered out, closing my eyes for a second. Then, my gut feeling told me to leave the tunnels. I quickly got up, heading for the tunnel's exit. Oliver noticed, and asked: "Emma, where are you going?"

I didn't stop as I answered: "The others... I just have this really bad feeling." He stopped for a moment, then picked up his pace, following me. "Do you think that (Y/N) and the rest are alright?" he asked me.

I hesitated to answer. I mean, I hoped they'd be okay. But... With the enemy being as skilled as to only send out a troop of eight... I feel as if I should have stopped them. All four of them.

Gritting my teeth, I made it outside, answering Olivers question. "I hope they are." He gasped lightly, his red eyes wide. Tightening my hands into fists, I was about to say something as a loud sound suddenly appeared.

We both whipped our heads in the direction of that noise, my eyes widening in realization. "Th-The emergency self-destruct system!" I said out loud, my body starting to move on its own. I ran to the edge of the forest, being able to see smoke rising into the air.

"No, please." I said, falling to my knees. "Please..." I begged, tears starting to form in my eyes. "Th-This can't be... They're not... They're not dead, right?" I asked, watching helplessly as more and more smoke rose, no sign of my friends.

A sob escaped my lips as the tears began flowing. "(Y/N), Ray, Yuugo, Lucas... You can't be..." I muttered out, not even caring to wipe my tears away. "Emma..." trailed Oliver off, but I didn't turn to look at him.

This is... I can't even begin to describe it. The pain in my chest is too much for me. Sobbing even louder, I slammed both of my fists onto the ground, yelling: "I don't want this!"

Oliver put a hand on my shoulder, but I couldn't calm down even if I tried. My best friends, along with Yuugo and Lucas are... They're... dead, gone just like that. In an instant. I clutched my shirt, right over where my heart is, continuing to cry. 

"I-I don't want this... I don't want to... Ray! (Y/N)! Please!" I called out, hitting the ground once more. "Yuugo, Lucas! Please don't!"

"Hey... What's with the smoke...?" asked Gillian, slowly joining Oliver's side. Nigel noted: "That's from the direction of the shelter, right...?"

I wanted to scream, to yell, to let all of my anger and sadness out at once, but I couldn't. It was too much pain, too much grief in just one moment. First Norman, now (Y/N) and Ray, too?

Slowly standing back up, I muttered out: "I don't accept this." "Emma?" asked Gillian. I simply repeated myself. "I don't accept this. They're not dead. No, I'm sure. They're still alive! I'm sure that if we go and look for them right now, we'll find them and-"

"Emma!" called Oliver, grabbing me by both of my shoulders, shaking me lightly. I stared up at him, the tears stopping. He held so much pain and frustration in his eyes, yet he spoke calmly, as to calm me down.

"Emma, we can't leave the kids all alone. And the way it looks..." he trailed off, not being able to finish that sentence of his. He didn't need to. I knew what he was about to say. "No. They're not dead. Sh-She said that she'd bring them back. (Y/N) never lies in serious situations. They're alive, I just know it." I said, staring into his eyes.

He lightly shook his head, then looked to the ground, sighing. "Alright. We'll wait here until tomorrow. If they don't show up, we'll just have to assume the worst happened and move on. That way, the kids will be safe, too."

True, that is the best option, but... "No! I'm going alone if I have to!" I protested, stepping back from him, about to run towards the blown up shelter. But I stopped in my tracks, my eyes as wide as never before.

"Please, Emma. I know it hurts, but please come back inside." tried Gillian. Instead of answering, I pointed forwards, all of them looking at what I was pointing at.

Rather, who I was pointing at.

Tears filled my eyes once more as a smile appeared on my face. "Y-You're alive!" I called out, rushing towards them. "You're all alive!" I repeated, stopping in front of them.

"Quick, we need help!" called Yuugo. "Lucas..." I muttered out, seeing him unconscious on Yuugo's back. I then turned to look at (Y/N) and Ray, my eyes widening once more.

(Y/N) was panting, her body hunched over lightly, carrying Ray on her back. He was unconscious, too. "Just what... what happened?" I finally asked, but quickly shook my head, turning around. "Oliver, Gillian, Nigel, quick!" I called out, and Oliver rushed towards us, while the other two hurried inside.

"O-Oliver, could you take Ray, please?" asked (Y/N), looking like she was about to fall over any second now. Oliver quickly took him from her, and we all ran inside, where Nigel and Gillian had already prepared a place for the injured.

After they were placed down, (Y/N) immediately kneeled down next to Ray, placing her head onto his chest to listen for his heartbeat. Yuugo, Oliver, and Zack, who Gillian had called over, tended to Lucas.

"You go and rest, Emma." said Oliver, turning to glance at me. I shook my head, saying: "No, I'll help, and-" "You look tired." said (Y/N), cutting me off. "We need you tomorrow to guide the kids. Please get some rest." Slightly taken back, I nodded, saying: "Alright. But if anything happens, wake me up immediately." "Of course." With that, I left them, a lot less weight on my heart now.

(Y/N) Pov:

Okay. His heartbeat is steady. I began to clear the wound on his head, muttering: "Ray, why did you safe me?" If he hadn't shielded me from the debris, he wouldn't be in this situation.

A small smile made its way onto my lips as I wrapped a clean bandage around his head. That's probably what he asked me when I saved him from Leuvis' attack. Heh, I guess we're pretty similar, after all.

"There." I said weakly, my eyelids growing heavy on me. I looked over to Lucas and Yuugo, watching how Zack finished treating Lucas' wounds. I then smiled once more, letting my body fall to the side, my head next to Ray's.

"We made it out alive. We made it... All four of us..." I trailed off, falling asleep halfway through.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay, so I've been thinking about whether to kill off Yuugo and Lucas for a while.

And I'm so glad I didn't do it lmao

Anyways, it's gonna be pretty rough to include them in the further plot, since they're not included in the original story (for obvious reasons).

Well, whatever! I let them live, and that's that! I'll figure things out from here, I guess!

See you next chapter, everyone <3

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/235383518013284292/