107

Hello, everyone!

Just a heads-up, this is gonna be a bit emotional since you-know-who finally shows up!

I've been waiting for what felt like ages for this chapter ngl

Oh, and thank you guys for over 300k reads! Woohoo, another big number :D

Anyways, enough of my talk :)

Hope you'll enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Y/N) Pov:

"This is our hideout." said Jin, looking back at us. My eyes widened as I looked around us, trying to find the right words to say something. This whole base is just... breath-taking. Everywhere I look, there seems to be enough space for children to stay.

And all inside one gigantic tree!

"Wow, wow, wow! What is this place?!" asked Lanni and Thoma at the same time, having a hard time believing that we were actually here. Jin repeated himself, stating: "Our hideout." "Yes, we know that..." trailed Gillian off, chuckling nervously.

But seriously, this place is amazing. "I'm not good with this kind of thing, but this was once the hidden village of an ancient Demon clan, something like that. The other Demons don't know about the ruins, so they don't come around." explained Jin, looking at a tall boy with scars on his head.

A bit startled, I stepped closer to Ray, muttering: "I-I didn't notice him there..." Ray placed a hand onto my shoulder, as to reassure me that he was there for me, which made me smile. I'm just so glad that I can always rely on him.

"Let's care for the injured first. Vincent will take you to the infirmary. Everybody else, come with me." stated Jin, gesturing towards the tall guy, who I guess is named Vincent. Paula, Sandy, and Yuugo, who were carrying Chris, Dominic, and Lucas, together with Anna, went with Vincent while the rest of us followed Jin.

He showed us around the hideout, where we saw a lot of children. And all of them were smiling. They have everything here. From libraries, kitchen, bedrooms, laundry rooms, all up to room filled with different instruments! Some of those children even greeted us, happy to see us escapees. They even gave us tea!

I didn't fail to notice the marks these children had on their hands. I placed a hand onto the side of my neck, where the identification number was. Those marks are probably to identify these kids. Just like our numbers are.

"Emma!" called Hayato, gaining our attention. We turned to look at him, and he smiled, saying: "The boss wants to meet the leader!" Emma nodded, about to follow him, but Jin said: "Wait. Hayato, Emma may be the leader, but the boss said he wants to meet '84194' first."

Blinking a few times, I pointed at myself, asking: "M-Me?" "Ah, right! Sorry, I almost messed up! Come on, (Y/N), let's go!" said Hayato, motioning me to follow him. I turned to look up at Ray, who clearly didn't seem to like the idea of me going on my own.

"Can I come, too?" he asked. Jin shook his head, answering: "Sorry, but the boss' words are final." Nodding, I said: "Okay." Before I left, I gave Ray a hug, saying: "I'll be okay." He clearly hesitated, then nodded, saying: "Alright. But be careful." "Of course." I said, placing a quick kiss on his cheek before following Hayato.

3rd Person Pov:

Hearing a few knocks, and the words: "Boss, she's here.", Minerva turned away from the window, looking at the door. This was it. This was the moment he had been waiting for. "Come in." he said, his voice calm, barely audible through the door.

Hayato opened the door, stepping to the side to let the clearly nervous girl inside. "Thanks, Hayato. You may leave now." said Minerva, his blue eyes meeting a pair of wide, (e/c) ones. "Yessir!" called Hayato, immediately leaving, closing the door behind him.

"No... Th-This is..." trailed (Y/N) off, her eyes tearing up. There was no mistaking it. The person standing right in front of her, Minerva himself, was none other than-

"It's been a long time, hasn't it, (Y/N)?" he asked, a gentle smile on his face, which left the girl to gasp, covering her mouth with both of her hands. No, she was 100% certain. This person, Minerva, is...

"N-Norman!"

she called out, running up to him to give him a hug. Tearing up as well, Norman opened his arms for her, embracing her in a tight hug, both of them letting the tears loose. It's been quite a while since they last met, after all.

They slowly sank to the ground, now sitting on the wooden floor, both cherishing this very moment. Full on sobbing, (Y/N) said: "Norman, I-I tried my very best...! We managed to-to escape thanks to your plan! Even Ray! I-I...!" Norman only tightened his grip around her, saying: "I see... What a relief! I'm so glad that you're okay, (Y/N)!"

(Y/N) Pov:

Wiping my face once more, I got rid of the left over tears, a bright smile on my face as I looked up at Norman. "(Y/N)... I'm kinda surprised you didn't accuse me of being a faker." he admitted, chuckling.

I shook my head, still smiling as I answered: "Why would I? I immediately knew it was you. Your posture, your face, just everything. I had it all memorized, after all." "Wow... Even now, you still manage to surprise me and shatter my expectations."

Stretching my arms over my head, I said: "Well, it's what I do, isn't it?" His smiling expression quickly turned into one of shock as he said: "(Y/N), you're... A scar? What happened?" I blinked a few times, then asked: "Oh, you mean this one?"

Pulling up my shirt a bit, I showed him the scar I got from fighting Leuvis. I chuckled nervously, saying: "I got this while saving Ray from Leuvis." He seemed more shocked now, his blue eyes wide. "You mean... Archduke Leuvis?!" I nodded, fixing my clothes, answering: "Yes, him. It was a hard fight, and it nearly cost me my life, but we managed."

Shaking my head lightly, I said: "But enough of that. Tell me how you survived." He smiled sadly, looking at the ground as he answered: "I alone was taken to a particular farm. At that place, again, I was kept by Demons."

"I see. It was Lambda 7214, right?" I asked, to which he nodded. "How come you know about it?" I smiled, pulling the special pen out of my pocket, saying: "This here. Sister Krone left far more with us than we thought. This pen is a lifesaver." He smiled, placing a hand onto my head, ruffling through my hair, saying:

"There you go again, shattering my expectations."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://新葡京线路中心.com/3222556